Enclosures setup

marthanova

Hi Everyone !
Im new here and i wanted to ask where does everyone keep their chameleon cage ? I have mine in my room next to my bed, i keep my room dark once his lights are off but now i'm having a hard time moving around since i want to avoid turning the lights on :ROFLMAO: I read that people have their cages in their living rooms ( i don't have that option ) and usually watch TV does it bother your chameleon ? how dark is your room or how dim ?

I have mine in my room next to my bed too. When its night I just turn my phone flashlight on if I come in my room to grab something cause I dont want to turn on the light 😂 I hear that people have had their chameleon "watch" TV with them lol. The only thing I would be concerned about is it being a high traffic area though.

I have mine in my room next to my bed too. When its night I just turn my phone flashlight on if I come in my room to grab something cause I dont want to turn on the light 😂 I hear that people have had their chameleon "watch" TV with them lol. The only thing I would be concerned about is it being a high traffic area though.
Yeah, im currently working a night shift so it’s a little difficult to get around in my room lol but once I go back to my normal hours I should be home before his lights turn off

Yeah, im currently working a night shift so it’s a little difficult to get around in my room lol but once I go back to my normal hours I should be home before his lights turn off
I have all of my chams currently in my bedroom and am a night shift worker. I do have some night lights in areas that won’t bother the chams but provide enough light for me to maneuver. However, I’ve worked night shift for decades and swear I now can see in the dark like a cat.

I also have my cham's cage in my room. It's been about 3 years and I have gotten used to moving in my room completely blind. I even water some of my plants (in a separate enclosure) and well...they haven't died yet so I know I am not missing. You will get used to it. One thing that helped me was to carry a dim flashlight pointed into my palm so no light would come out. But if I needed extra light, I would move my palm a little so hardly any light would come out (but just enough where it was useful). I don't know if that makes sense. But eventually, you will develop the senses of a blind ninja and be able to tiptoe around your room without anyone noticing.

The only challenge I have (since I have a montane chameleon) is the winter temp drops. I leave my window open at night and so my temps get down into the low 50's. Definitely got to bundle up well...

My chameleon is also in my bedroom and I have 2 boys (1yr and 5yr old) in a multi family home so all of us in there most of the day. I worry about stressing her out too so I have fake plants covering the corner of her enclosure that doesn’t face the corner of the room. I’m hoping it’s helping, but I’m keeping an eye on her for any signs of sleep deprivation.

Attachments

• 8694B908-7F2B-430B-93BE-FBF7C0483F9E.jpeg
    8694B908-7F2B-430B-93BE-FBF7C0483F9E.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 88
Yes it is a butterfly cage lol. My secret is out☺️ I have one outside and one inside. The outdoor one I’m going to work on fixing up after Christmas. It’s not the easiest to mount things but definitely not impossible.

My chameleon is also in my bedroom and I have 2 boys (1yr and 5yr old) in a multi family home so all of us in there most of the day. I worry about stressing her out too so I have fake plants covering the corner of her enclosure that doesn’t face the corner of the room. I’m hoping it’s helping, but I’m keeping an eye on her for any signs of sleep deprivation.

I would live in that thing. It's gorgeous!!

Mine is right next to my bed. I work from home so my bedroom is also my office. He sits and stares at me all day but around 8 pm he is ready for bed and he goes to his section of the enclosure that he sleeps in and just bundles himself up. He has plenty of foliage to seclude himself, but even though his lights are out for the night, I usually have a nightstand light on the opposite side of the bed that I have on for a couple more hours after his bedtime. He usually passes out within 30 minutes after his lights out, and when he passes out I don't think anything can wake him because everything else that would normally bother him he doesn't wake for. So I would assume that it really depends on your own Cham on if having lights on after their bedtime will disturb them, or they just get used to it, because like I said my Lando falls asleep either way just like his daddy.

Back
Top Bottom