enclosure size

judeszoo

Is it possible to have too big a cage? I have a Lateralis furcifer and was wondering if a 30" X18"x 30" is too big?:confused:

i think bigger is better. i'm sure that lat. appreciates being in a big cage too.
its like living in a single wide or a 4 bedroom house.

I think they can be.. But its hard to do something like that. My Chams are normally housed in cages 24X24X48 OR 16.5X16.5X48 which I think is big enough for a single chameleon.

I recently got a BIG cage 29X29X72 (260 gallon) I think its mega big, too big for a single chameleon, but thats a personal choice.

Cage size is honestly your choice. As big/small as you want.

I think that if you get too big of a cage they wont be able to find the food and might get a little hungry.

yeah theres always that. If you do get a cage that is too big make sure they know when they are fed!

I have to move my feeding cup under my Female so she can see the food and then slowly move the cup back to the bottom of the cage with her following. Otherwise she wouldn't even know she had food!

Is it possible to have too big a cage? I have a Lateralis furcifer and was wondering if a 30" X18"x 30" is too big?:confused:

Female right? Did I see you were having problems with her laying eggs?

Anyways, that size cage is fine for a female. Again, I've only worked with the Furcifer lateralis major and I've found the ladies to be fairly sedentary. Males tend to be a bit more active and should have a slightly bigger cage, particularly when they are younger.

Good luck!
Trace

P.S. Chams don't cup feed in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom