Enclosure ideas for Parson's

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
I'm looking to make my enclosure about 6 feet wide, 3 feet deep, 5 feet high. Would like a 2 foot substrate bin as well. I was just thinking, has anyone ever consideres using one of those weatherproof small sheds you see at home depot? Wondering if I could replace the doors with something clear, cut some small vents on either sides, and replace the roof with screen. They're not that expensive and would make things simpler. I was going to line the inside with egg crate light diffuser and foam everything into a nice living wall.

Lmk what you guys think! Open to other ideas too. I'm in no rush, my Parsons will stay in a large atrium dragonstrand in the mean time.

What type of Parsonii are you going to be keeping? Sounds Okay. However are you going to be keeping this enclosure on the ground or on a stand? Adult Parsonii seem to prefer to be kept at elevation. Meaning I recommend keeping your Parsonii as high as possible when possible.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is just a thought atm, I'm going to have a CB YL. The sheds are around 6 feet tall. I'd raise it up so he's above eye-level(as high up as I can..)

Yellow Lips are considered (me and others I have talked too) to grow larger than Orange Eye White Lips. Meaning you are going to want to go as big as possible when building your/this enclosure.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

This is a photo from this afternoon of my adult male Orange Eye White Lips enclosure.

DPeGGm.jpg

SJwVOR.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Was looking at this one

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Keter-Factor...r-Dimensions-5-ft-3-9-in-x-3-ft-3-in/50162205

Or something like it.. I believe it is all plastic. Thinking I could replace the doors with a clear material. It has a vent, but I can add some at the bottom(plastic is easy to cut). Would have to replace the top with screen obviously. Maybe I can put it next to a window and have a chunk of screen in the back, on nice days open the window for sun.

Am I stupid? Feel free to lmk!

Back
Top Bottom