Enclosure advice

do the t5s create sufficient heat for a basking spot
Generally not. Choosing the correct (household incandescent) basking bulb is usually a matter of trial & error of wattage & distance (and sometimes bulb type). Some can get away with as low as a 40W. From experience, I started at 60W (which wasn't enough), then 75W then 100W. I settled on a 75W halogen flood (not spot) mounted at an angle to provide a gradient (range of temperatures). You want to heat the basking area, but not so close to the screen that you can't keep your hand on the screen; if you can't keep your hand there, the cham may get burned, so raise the light or try a lower wattage.

Would these lights be good to replace the current one I have for a basking spot

Attachments

• 5D4AEAAC-6583-429C-A355-EC44DB24E32D.jpeg
    5D4AEAAC-6583-429C-A355-EC44DB24E32D.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 85
I’ve been told the moss vines I’m using are not great for chameleons due to impact ion and harboring bacteria any suggestion on how true that is or things I can use to replace them

Also what are your views on these

Attachments

• 269E431E-1B8A-4E71-82FE-A16EA749CA8D.jpeg
    269E431E-1B8A-4E71-82FE-A16EA749CA8D.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 91
  • C79A5595-0543-4F4A-8BA1-7FB1A43CBD4D.png
    C79A5595-0543-4F4A-8BA1-7FB1A43CBD4D.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 80
I’ve been told the moss vines I’m using are not great for chameleons due to impact ion and harboring bacteria any suggestion on how true that is or things I can use to replace them
Also what are your views on these
Yes, that is true. Panthers will chew on their branches... So having the moss ones is dangerous. And they do not dry out and are not easy to clean.
Don't get those vines either piece of them come off. I would use only real branches. As long as it is not from a sap producing tree...

Thank you he’s awesome and thanks for the feedback so just go find some reall tree branches anything I can buy that’s guaranteed safe I’m just so paranoid

Thank you he’s awesome and thanks for the feedback so just go find some reall tree branches anything I can buy that’s guaranteed safe I’m just so paranoid
Live vining plants, like pothos and philodendron, etc. can be hung at the top of the cage and their vines can wrap around and link branches together

Anyone have any suggestions on some sturdy branches vines I can buy for above my plants for my chameleons basking spots and stuff to climb on I was told to get tree branches from sapless trees but all the trees around my house produce sap, just looking for something chameleon safe and sturdy for when my chameleon is an adult

Anyone have any suggestions on some sturdy branches vines I can buy for above my plants for my chameleons basking spots and stuff to climb on I was told to get tree branches from sapless trees but all the trees around my house produce sap, just looking for something chameleon safe and sturdy for when my chameleon is an adult
Tons! Look on here for our supply sponsors, along with Glassbox Tropicals, NEHERPS, Reptibranch, The Bio Dude, etc.

Thank you every time I look chameleon safe branches there’s something which can cause a potential problem I’ll check them out

Back
Top Bottom