Emergency please help

Lindsey

I took my veiled Gertrude outside today in a large umbrella tree in my backyard and I turned my back for ten minutes and she disappeared.
Here are some photos of my backyard. The two spruce trees are between 30-50 feet tall and I also have a large raspberry bush

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am covered in scratches from tearing apart my raspberry bush and attempting to climb the trees.

I am completely devastated right now, if anyone has any advice as to how to find her or where to look I would completely appreciate it. I have had her for less than two weeks, and can't believe this is happening.

Oh no! They are sneaky, you have to watch them like hawks if they are free-ranging outside. Check the umbrella tree again. I know sometimes I can't find my little guys in their cages. I think they like to play hide & seek with us. I've heard others say to mist the trees to see if she will come down to drink...

Don't ever turn your back. Keep looking and spray the lower branches of the trees with water (gently from the hose) if she's up there she might come down for a drink. Also tAke a ladder up by the trees at night and see if you can find her with a flashlight if you don't find her by night time. Don't stop looking and make sure any birds are promptly scared away.

Crisis averted

after searching for a few hours in my backyard I got all pissed off and went inside for a break.
Thats all she needed to come out of hiding.
About 20 minutes later I went to keep looking and we caught her running to hide under the fence.
Thanks for your quick replies!

OMG!!!
thank goodness you found her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my second biggest fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! birds are the first!!!!!!!!!!!
even inside Stanley can hide on his hibiscus and i start to panic!! all of the sudden there he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think someone needs to come up with some sort of tracking devise to keep up/locate them....
lisa

They are so tricky too! She sat happy as a clam in the tree for about an hour with me looking in every ten minutes or so, then she was gone!

I found her literally less than 3 feet from where her tree was, under the fence.
I am so relieved. From now on, ALWAYS in the reptarium!

Shes going to Dr. Kwantes for a check up next week now, just in case (she needed a fecal anyways).

OMG!!!
thank goodness you found her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my second biggest fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! birds are the first!!!!!!!!!!!
even inside Stanley can hide on his hibiscus and i start to panic!! all of the sudden there he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think someone needs to come up with some sort of tracking devise to keep up/locate them....
lisa

lol, like microchips for chameleons...
They beep if they get too far from home or something! :p

Back
Top Bottom