Emergency of the chams

Hi, this is a critical emergency my chameleon 8 weeks old is on the underside of the branch with his eyes closed and his mouth open idk if the lights are too hot for him or what notice he just ate a LOT OF CRICKETS and his usual sleep time is about thrity min from now. Could it be he is just asleep? I took him out of his cage to see what could possibly be casuing this and he looked just fine eyes open everything so i gave him a droplet of water or two which he drank and put him back in the cage he was fine for a couple of minutes then he closed his eyes again but stopped opening his mouth. Please help me I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!!

He is a vield male chameleon as i mentioned 8 weeks old i handle him every week for ten minutes just so he doesnt turn wild on me i feed him as much food as he wants since he is a baby. The schedule time for eating is 8:30 am. He eats whenever he wants it is in a bowl. I feed him crickets and mealworms. The calcium is reptivite all of it the d3 and without d3 and the repti vitamins. His cage is a reptibreeze medium with mesh made specifically for chams

Yes it is 85 to 90 degrees cold spot 70 to 80 degrees at night i have nightlight red

Chameleons can see red light, so I'd ditch the nightlight. As for 90 as a hot spot, I'm pretty sure that's a little too warm for a young one. That's the temperature people use for adult males.

Ok. Well i went to petco they suggested the nightlight red. How do i fix the temp for my little guy?

You can purchase a thermostat to program the temperature of the light. Zilla has a few. I'll look into the proper temperatures for a baby as I've never had a chameleon so young.

I have a thermometer but it is digital will that work do you have any way i could fine out the right temperature for him? Or create it at least?

I really have no experience on the matter.
I've read something that says 82, but that's just based off of one thing I read on the forums
Perhaps @jannb or @Nursemaia would be better suited to answer

Thanks where did you find this information? I will send a message to them! My baby cham is asleep now want to see if he looks allright?

1503020555821-1696440143.jpg

It's hard to tell from one picture, but I don't see anything that looks concerning. Just looks like a cute sleeping baby to me.

Does his cage have a lot of horizontal branches for him to sleep on? My chameleon usually prefers sleeping there, so I'm just making sure that's an option ^^

Back
Top Bottom