*EMERGENCY* Lethargic Chameleon

chameleoncherma

Our chameleon just laid eggs and has been staying in her laying bin for like 4 days afterwards, and has zero strength. I am afraid she is dying. Her mouth won't open, her eyes won't open and she is like laying on her side. She opens her mouth and closes it. She has been like this for a while now and I am getting scared that she is dying. She is being misted. It has been like two weeks since she last ate a full meal. Now she can't even get enough strength to get her legs to work. She is the runt of the group the breeder hatched, and so I don't know if that has any affect, besides her not being as strong. The mealworms and crickets we gave her were dusted with vitamins and calcium. She has never had this problem before. I don't think it would be MBD because she has had calcium. The UVA and heat lamp are on and it is around 89* F in there. She is being misted but everything we tried hasn't worked. Should I force feed her? Like if I put her in my hand she just tips over. I know she isn't just sleeping because she hasn't moved at night or anything. She is skinny and there is almost no meat on her tail. Like you can see the skin just sticking to the bone. I really need someone's help, because I don't want her to die, because I love her.

Our chameleon just laid eggs and has been staying in her laying bin for like 4 days afterwards, and has zero strength. I am afraid she is dying. Her mouth won't open, her eyes won't open and she is like laying on her side. She opens her mouth and closes it. She has been like this for a while now and I am getting scared that she is dying. She is being misted. It has been like two weeks since she last ate a full meal. Now she can't even get enough strength to get her legs to work. She is the runt of the group the breeder hatched, and so I don't know if that has any affect, besides her not being as strong. The mealworms and crickets we gave her were dusted with vitamins and calcium. She has never had this problem before. I don't think it would be MBD because she has had calcium. The UVA and heat lamp are on and it is around 89* F in there. She is being misted but everything we tried hasn't worked. Should I force feed her? Like if I put her in my hand she just tips over. I know she isn't just sleeping because she hasn't moved at night or anything. She is skinny and there is almost no meat on her tail. Like you can see the skin just sticking to the bone. I really need someone's help, because I don't want her to die, because I love her.

Please read what you wrote and then think about it and you will have your answer. Your chameleon laid eggs 4 days ago and after or during laying became so weak she is not able to move. Maybe she hasn't finished laying her eggs. What do you think she needs? She needs a vet and she needed the vet days ago. Her being so skinny might be from severe dehydration. Get her to the vet. Now. Today.

Back
Top Bottom