elephant eared chameleon

sittnlowon22s

I have a chance of buyin an elephant eared chameleon for a very good price. i tried to do some research but couldnt find much on how to care for them. just wondering if it would b the same as a veiled or a senegal. if anyone has more information on them, id really like to know. Wanna kno what im getting into before buying it

Theres no such thing as an elephant eared chameleon.

Actually there is one commonly called the Elephant Eared Chameleon and its scientific name is Calumma brevicorne. That species is currently under an export ban so you will never see one for sale.

Other more common chameleons with various sized ear flaps are, but not limited to, the various species of Flapnecks, Werners, and Mellers.

I have a chance of buyin an elephant eared chameleon for a very good price. i tried to do some research but couldnt find much on how to care for them. just wondering if it would b the same as a veiled or a senegal. if anyone has more information on them, id really like to know. Wanna kno what im getting into before buying it

They are either using the wrong name (once in a very long while I've seen a melleri listed as elephant-eared), they are clueless as to what they have, or it is smuggled (dream on if they think it's really C. brevicornis!). Post a picture and we'll tell you what it really is.

If I've learned anything, a good deal with a chameleon usually ends up costing way more than it should have in the long run. Be careful and good luck.

i think its a mellers chameleon, not a true elephant eared chameleon. theyre selling it for 55 so i think thats a very good deal even if it just is a mellers

Yes mellers need huge cages, food, perches,and on top of that it most likely has parasites! This stuff adds up quick. A good site to look at is melleridiscovery to give you an idea of what your getting yourself into.

i think its a mellers chameleon, not a true elephant eared chameleon. theyre selling it for 55 so i think thats a very good deal even if it just is a mellers

As ferret said, care is very different than a veiled. Melleri need more space, more water, more food. They are nearly always wild caught and can have parasites and other issues. Even ones that have been in captivity for a while tend to have issues as they are rarely properly cared for.

Back
Top Bottom