Eggy mess

littleliz

My cham has been restless wandering all over the viv for a few days now which usually means that she is looking for a mate/expecting eggs. I have put her laying bin in the viv for her. She has layed eggs before with no major problems. She has never been mated. This morning I noticed in the place where she normally poops/urates there was what I can only describe as an eggy mess! A big blobby mess of yolky stuff! So now I am worried. Does any one know what is going on here please. Have any onf you experienced this before?

Well the first one was taken in the viv and the secon one is what it looked like when I picked it up. Hope this shows it well enough.

Attachments

• eggy mess 1.JPG
    eggy mess 1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 345
  • eggy mess 2.JPG
    eggy mess 2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 343
I would say she is not well hydrated and dropping mucous thicker than urine or other semi-liquid waste. The mess in the pic is too small to be a result of any eggs.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I do not feel that this has anything to do with urates and dehydration. She has been passing normal poop with white urate, just this today. I know you are advising a vet visit but until I can get one what do you think is the problem here??? She is well in herself. Not eating much, but that is not unusual for her when she is gravid! Alert and active (probably too much so actually). She has had a little experimentative dig in the laying bucket sinse I posted last. I can not think why her eggs would be all messed up like this!

Has anyone come across this before? I would google search the condition but I really don't know what to google for in this instance!

If it is an egg then maybe lack of calcium? I am not very sure. I would suggest putting her in a laying bin and starting a hole or two for her. Sorry I can't offer up much more than take her to a vet asap.:eek:

Someone else on the forum lost a female and when the vet did an autopsy she was filled with yolks. I hope you take her to the vet soon.

Just an up date

For anyone who was following this post I am sorry I have not been on the site for a while...Tilly is absolutly fine :) After the eggy mess episode I did consult with the vet. She did not receive treatment and I still dont know what was the cause of her loosing not properly formed eggs but I am sure you will all be pleased to know that over the next few days she did indeed continue to loose the odd egg or two here or there...each time they were a little more formed. She stayed well throughout although did seem to feel the need to dig a little each time she lost an egg, although not a proper digging to the bottom of the laying tub kind of digging. I guess she was as confused as me as to what was happening. Three days ago she started digging in ernest and two days ago she came up out of the laying bin covering the tunnel back up again and climbed up to her basking spot triuphantly lol. On checking the bin I found 30 little white eggs!! I was going to say all perfectly formed but actually they were all slightly different shapes...one being double sized, ouch! Tilly did not even seem tired and hungrily devourd four locusts out of my hand. She is now all back to normal apart from a her head is still a bit dirty looking LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom