Eggs

IMG_2189.jpg

Congrats Kevin! It looks like it's a big batch. Did she mate or are they infertile?

Kevin, I sure hope those are all fertile. What a bumper crop of cb babies that could be!

Last edited:
I am thinking they are not fertile...... BUT they could be. She lives with Sam, who is a male.... so we shall see. I will incubate them regardless and see what happens.

I am thinking they are not fertile...... BUT they could be. She lives with Sam, who is a male.... so we shall see. I will incubate them regardless and see what happens.

I want one! Omg, here I am recruiting more chams. Oh well. But, yes I must have one. If they're fertile.

O wow.. if they're fertile... please please please please tell us! We have a male we're looking to breed some time!

Congrats!
That is a lot of eggs and looks like she has more to go! Poor thing looks exhausted:(
They are such a big chameleon, you would think the eggs would be huge, not panther size!

Congrats!
That is a lot of eggs and looks like she has more to go! Poor thing looks exhausted:(
They are such a big chameleon, you would think the eggs would be huge, not panther size!

I am pretty sure if they were fertile they would be much bigger...

Melleri carry the eggs for a long time... incubation is only 3 months, so they are pretty far along by the time they are laid.

If you don't mind me asking. How many eggs did you end up with? To the best of my recollection incubation was around 5-7 months. I'm going to have to check if I still have got the Melleri CIN article.

If you don't mind me asking. How many eggs did you end up with? To the best of my recollection incubation was around 5-7 months. I'm going to have to check if I still have got the Melleri CIN article.

I think it all depends.... but i've heard of 3 month incubation and what your saying... 6-7 months. most likely depends on temp of eggs and temps of the mom while in captivity. lenny really cooks her belly when gravid... she hangs it over the side of a vine and just soaks in the light.

I agree she looks exhausted. Hope she'll be ok.

When I got home she was on top of the free range with her tongue half cocked ready to shoot at me as if i were food.... I got her a couple of big HWs and renee fed her a few this morning.... she should be good in a couple of days.

I think this is her third clutch with us. She's a tough gal.

Back
Top Bottom