eggs

Flacon67

Established Member
So a lot of you know how my female is definitely has eggs. so when do i put her into the lay bin and is it possible thag i don’t have to put the lay bin in her cage and just move her into the 5 gal bucket with 12 inch of washed play sand and reptisoil and moist enough for a tunnel to not collapse?

Most dont have room for a lay box in the cage.

So when you she her scratching at the bottom of the cage. Pop her into the lay bin. Lay bins can be creative. I use a huge 18" plant pot, fill have way with what ever secret recipe dirt that doesnt collapse yet can be tunneled in, and put boards over top with slits to let in some light. Then i just check in from time to time. She cant see me through the slits.

Most dont have room for a lay box in the cage.

So when you she her scratching at the bottom of the cage. Pop her into the lay bin. Lay bins can be creative. I use a huge 18" plant pot, fill have way with what ever secret recipe dirt that doesnt collapse yet can be tunneled in, and put boards over top with slits to let in some light. Then i just check in from time to time. She cant see me through the slits.
ok thanks

Rearrange everything until you have room for a permanent lay bin. It’s your best option.

I did that with my beardies. I used a 10 gallon tote with several 3" holes cut along the top rim for them to get in and out of. I couldnt fit that in a reptibreeze XL, but i bet you could rig one up to prevent flooding from misting, but how would you convince the cham to go in it?

I did that with my beardies. I used a 10 gallon tote with several 3" holes cut along the top rim for them to get in and out of. I couldnt fit that in a reptibreeze XL, but i bet you could rig one up to prevent flooding from misting, but how would you convince the cham to go in it?
I’ve never had to convince her to go in it. All you have to do is make it the only, or at least most appealing, place for her to lay in. Everything else will just fall into place. Always had for me anyway. Having it as a permanent part of her viv eliminates the guessing game on when it’s time to transfer her, she can choose on her own. And if it’s always in her viv it will be a familiar item, no “new object” stress.

I’ve never had to convince her to go in it. All you have to do is make it the only, or at least most appealing, place for her to lay in. Everything else will just fall into place. Always had for me anyway. Having it as a permanent part of her viv eliminates the guessing game on when it’s time to transfer her, she can choose on her own. And if it’s always in her viv it will be a familiar item, no “new object” stress.
Rearrange everything until you have room for a permanent lay bin. It’s your best option.
ok thanks

Back
Top Bottom