Eggs pretty small are they fertile?

AndrewBrian

2 of my panther chameleons have laid eggs this month one is a huge adult female 2 weeks ago her eggs look big and fertile.... today my 2nd female laid 34 eggs she's pretty small around 44 grams a bit too small to breed but made a noob mistake... sad to say my sire died today due to possible dehydration or ant bites... i just wanna know if her clutch is fertile they mated 24 days ago... here is a picture of the clutch and a comparison to the bigger ones laid last 2 weeks ago hope you guys can help me see if they are fertile or look fertile...

Attachments

• eggs1.jpg
    eggs1.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 176
  • eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 177
Rule of thumb we all use, if there is Any question, incubate them until they go bad. Lots of times a clutch will not look good but will hatch. I always figure there is nothing to lose by trying.

Sorry you lost your male.

Could be. You will just have to wait and see.

Small eggs usually mean small babies which may have a harder time for the first three months because of their size... but if they grow and get over the fragile stage they should be good

thanks a bunch you guys have encouraging words... i dont use an incubator but im trying to keep the temperature at 76 degrees... i need airconditioning for that here in the philippines... i tried putting the first batch 2 weeks in the closet of a non aircon room temperatures were 82-85 i think it's too hot...now it's about 74-77 in my room closet... will the eggs just turn black or dark yellow if they are not fertile? i dont really know what molds look like fuzzy white? greenish?

Back
Top Bottom