Egg question

Kat77

Ok, I am not, at the moment, breeding anything. But this question was inspired by Tryme's trouble with his eggs being flipped by his girlfriend's k9.

When a chameleon lays eggs, and you take them to be put into an incubator, is there a certain way that they need to be set or is it just that when immediately after birth/laying, it doesn't matter yet? And at what point in the egg's growth process does it really begin to matter which way they are sitting?

I know this may seem like complete ignorance to some, but I am truely curious. Someday I may want my own chameleon babies!:D

I try not to disturb the orientation of the eggs. Just remember which side was down. And place them in the substrate the same way you found them.

What are you supposed to use to mark eggs? Is there something that is entirely safe?

I've read before that you have a bit of time where rotation doesn't matter but after you've set the eggs up in their hatching substrate they settle in to that position and should not be rotated.

I tried using a thin marker once but it wouldn't mark on the egg. I suppose a felt-tipped pen would work!

Dyesub Dave. :D

Back
Top Bottom