Egg laying

monicak8777

My female Cham started digging today, she did not see me watching her as I was peeking through the door, but she had stopped and went back to the top of her cage, I checked on her again later and she was crawling on the bottom of her cage. I went and dug a hole myself to see if she would use it and left. I have checked on her again and she was back in her sand but she was crawling out and went back to the bottom of her cage. Should I just wait and give her time to finally decide to use the sand or is there something different I should do?

She has complete privacy she has a spare room to her self that no one goes in, also her laying bin is big enough.

No she did NOT see me. I was able to see her tail but the tub is much too high for her to see me, she had also stopped digging after I had left sometime. Not right then.

As long as the sand is wet enough to hold a tunnel but not to wet or dry like Jann said she should be good. I like to put a black garbage bag with a peep hole so I can check on them without them seeing;) when you started a hole for her did the hole stay well formed? The sand should hold the form of a ball in your fist, good luck!:)

Yes sand is wet enough. She keeps going in the sand and digging and crawls back out and goes to the bottom of her cage. Im guessing she will eventually use the sand?

Hmmmm....it sounds like she might not like the setup you have. When I have had setups that my females have not liked they would dig a bit, then go back up, then go down and nose around a bit. If I got something they liked AND I left them alone they would just dig away, all night long.

At night should I leave the light on to see if she would dig or would she be able to dig in the dark if she wanted?

I only ever leave the light on if the chameleon is in the middle of laying the eggs when its normally time for them to be off.

Back
Top Bottom