Egg laying

Ezcham

i need help my female panther is trying to lay eggs i put a planter with sand in her enclosure but she is trying to dig her tunnel in her substrate the substrate is about 5 inches deep but not suitable for tunnel digging should i remove her from her encloser in put her in her laying bin in a bigger tote or should i just let her find the laying bin on her own

Your lay bin needs to be between 6-8 inches deep and made with a combination of playsand and soil(no fertilizer) I would not try to move her and see about putting the lay bin in there without disturbing as much as possible. I hope this helps.

I already have the laying bin in her enclosure with her im just worried that she hasn't ate for a week and i dont want her to over work herself

What is the substrate that she's trying to dig in? Are you stopping her from diggin? Watching her when she is digging?

Coco fiber sand mulch spagunm moss mixture it could work its just not really deep enough its about 5 inches

So far she dug one test tunnel then left and the second one she was digging for 20 minutes and then left it

Attachments

• 15916531683968971947363817242834.jpg
    15916531683968971947363817242834.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 106
What is in the lay bin?
Does she see you watching her when she's digging?
When she was digging you didn't move her out of the hole, did you?

Sorry i tried to post a video of her digging so u could see i have a camera setup to watch her i did not disturb her in anyway in her laying bin is sand and coco fiber blend

Back
Top Bottom