egg laying bin

madi

how deep does your egg laying bin have to be? Because my female panther is 5 and a half or 6 months old and i know you have to have one i just dont know how deep.

Thanks, Madison:)

The sand or dirt you have in it should be 12" deep, the tub itself can be a little taller or a lot taller, so long as she has 12" of something to dig in.

I use a kitchen trash can, but I think the recommended minimum is something like 12"t x 7" x 7", but a little bigger is probably fine as well. I use a big one because my veiled won't go into the bin on her own, so I have to abandon her in it when I know she's ready. She'll fuss for a bit and then lay eggs, so she's stubborn.

Sand is recommended, but I've used moist Ecoearth with success, so I prefer that personally (it's much lighter to carry around if I need to move the bin, that's for sure) but you can also use dirt so long as it is fertilizer free and free of the little white balls. Just plain dirt.

thank you guys and do you think that she could lay eggs if she is only 5 or 6 months old?

Yep, she could start developing eggs at around this time. Jann's blog gives you tips on how to keep that from happening, or trying to keep it from happening as much as possible. But you should always have the bin ready juuuust in case.

here is a pic from yesterday of her

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5831.jpg
    IMG_5831.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom