EGG BOUND

jacquoo

Member
I have been posting under Egg Bound the thread is 3 pages long. I am worried sick over my 1 year old veiled female who is eggbound. I have been back and forth to the vet over the past month. Ellie has been given pitocin, CAciulm everyday. She is free ranged with 3 different laying bins. Her room temp is 80 with 50% humidity, basking temps of 90's. She is misted 3 times a day has a gut loaded diet of crickets, superworms, hornworms etc. Her weight was 178g now is 182g. Her lighting consists of HO5 and a Zoo med power sun 100 new bulbs, basking light 75 watts. She has barely eaten, is no longer wandering and just sitting. She never ran from me but is now running when she see's me probably due to injection everyday of Oxytocin. Surgery was scheduled for today the vet place called me last night with instructions and because she ate a small hornworm yesterday they want to postpone the surgery until next wednesday a whole week and now want bloodwork tomorrow. Is this ok? I am scared she won't make it another week, they seem so unalarmed about this situation. Everything I read it states it's an emergency, the vet has never operated on a chameleon only iguanas. I started a facebook page to raise money becuase the cost is going to be over $800 and now bloodwork of $180. I've been calling other vets that have reptile experience to no avail I am waiting on a call back on one an hour away. My question is waiting another week reasonable?
 

Thehippie

Chameleon Enthusiast
where are you located, im sure me or one of the other members can help you find a cham experienced vet near you, i think waiting another week may be sketchy but i would get a second opinion
 

jacquoo

Member
I am in Albany NY I am awaiting a call from A DR. Lucas about an hour away, another reptile vet at The village vet in voorheesville NY couldn't get me in til next week. Isn't this an emergency
 

jacquoo

Member
Just like to add, she has had an x-ray her poop is small with urate, she has her own room with no traffic except me it is my office and I moved my work out of here 2 weeks ago. xray 4/10, picture of her 4/17, vid 4/4 this has been going on awhile now
 

Attachments

  • 7Z4lDb8LQd6hFwE38iYdwQ.jpg
    7Z4lDb8LQd6hFwE38iYdwQ.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 63
  • yPoDXDbPRtGXSyolGkrnOA.jpg
    yPoDXDbPRtGXSyolGkrnOA.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 52

alphakenc

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have been posting under Egg Bound the thread is 3 pages long. I am worried sick over my 1 year old veiled female who is eggbound. I have been back and forth to the vet over the past month. Ellie has been given pitocin, CAciulm everyday. She is free ranged with 3 different laying bins. Her room temp is 80 with 50% humidity, basking temps of 90's. She is misted 3 times a day has a gut loaded diet of crickets, superworms, hornworms etc. Her weight was 178g now is 182g. Her lighting consists of HO5 and a Zoo med power sun 100 new bulbs, basking light 75 watts. She has barely eaten, is no longer wandering and just sitting. She never ran from me but is now running when she see's me probably due to injection everyday of Oxytocin. Surgery was scheduled for today the vet place called me last night with instructions and because she ate a small hornworm yesterday they want to postpone the surgery until next wednesday a whole week and now want bloodwork tomorrow. Is this ok? I am scared she won't make it another week, they seem so unalarmed about this situation. Everything I read it states it's an emergency, the vet has never operated on a chameleon only iguanas. I started a facebook page to raise money becuase the cost is going to be over $800 and now bloodwork of $180. I've been calling other vets that have reptile experience to no avail I am waiting on a call back on one an hour away. My question is waiting another week reasonable?
try look thru this thread posted from Jannb just to see if there is any vet locations that near u
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/area-by-area-country-vet-list.32880/page-7#post-1137005
 

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
Please link to your previous thread.

And in the future please keep it to a single thread, makes it difficult for us to help you if your info is scattered around...
 

alphakenc

Chameleon Enthusiast
Is she still eating and drinking? Has the vet gave her oxytocin ?

Try putting her in a big laying bin where she can’t get out and see if she will lay. You can see a picture of the bin I’ve used in the past here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
Her current vet already give the oxytocin shots...here is the situation which I been giving her some of my support.the surgery wont be happen till next Wed 5/1 so I give her the vet's list for the locations so the op can get a second opinion asap.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin.168579/page-3
 
Top Bottom