Egg bound? Please help!!!

No... I
Any luck with finding a vet or her digging? How is she behaving today?
No... The vets have no experience with chameleons. She is basking now. I cover the cage with thin khaki cloth, hopefully preventing her from seeing us in the house. I am trying to buy sand as well.

This is her today. More active and looks quite slim? But I cannot find any eggs anywhere...
8815DCB3-F61B-4CFD-85D3-8D24654DE6E7.jpeg

This is her today. More active and looks quite slim? But I cannot find any eggs anywhere...
View attachment 265358
She most definitely looks much slimmer. Had you noticed if she had any dirt on her earlier from digging? Had you seen her digging at all recently? I’d make sure she seems ok....eating, alert and active and then look thru her lay bin for eggs. They tend to lay at the bottom and against the container walls. I have had to just about completely empty the lay bin to find the eggs. Some chams have been known to lay in their plants pots too. You’d have found the dirt all over though if she did that. Btw, she is very lovely. :)

She most definitely looks much slimmer. Had you noticed if she had any dirt on her earlier from digging? Had you seen her digging at all recently? I’d make sure she seems ok....eating, alert and active and then look thru her lay bin for eggs. They tend to lay at the bottom and against the container walls. I have had to just about completely empty the lay bin to find the eggs. Some chams have been known to lay in their plants pots too. You’d have found the dirt all over though if she did that. Btw, she is very lovely. :)
I have emptied the laybin and look through the pot... and nothing is found? She doesnt dig. And she is eating well(3 crickets gone in an hour) and isn’t napping anymore. I hope she’s fine.

As soon as I posted another thought came to me. Had she been pooping regularly? If you find no eggs that she’s laid, maybe she was constipated and finally was able to pass a good poo. I would think you’d find some evidence if that were the case.

Most definitely keep the lay bin in permanently so you don’t have to guess at when she is ready to lay. Just keep a good watch of her and how she’s doing. Hopefully she’ll be fine now. I have no idea what feeders are available to you, but the occasional hornworm is good for adding hydration to her diet. Silkworms can be used as one of your staples and are also pretty moist. Attaching the feeder and gut load infographics which may help.
9DD95AAF-9125-42D2-9BFF-9274E6E997A4.jpeg
5758DC29-DCC4-4E5E-9C6C-0F77AE645E8E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom