Eating tree bark.....

Abram

I had found birch on the list of safe plants a while back, and since there are a lot of them around me, and I think they look cool, I have been using them for all my enclosures. So far I've spotted my adult veiled and now my baby panther ripping the papery bark off and eating it, just one time each so far that I know of. I'm not so much concerned about the behavior as I am just wondering if anyone else uses birch, or if anyone would think it might be bad for them. Thanks!

Just an idea. Some keepers believe when chams start eating what they should not it is a sign of missing some minerals.

Just an idea. Some keepers believe when chams start eating what they should not it is a sign of missing some minerals.

Yeah that was my first thought, I believe everything should be in check. The only time I caught him, was when I ran out of feeders, and was expecting a order in the mail. So He had not eaten anything that day. So I dunno if they are like me....Im running low on food....I'll make a bread sammich. haha

Back
Top Bottom