Eating Manners

theresaintucson

My Sambava comes charging from wherever he is in his cage to his feeding cup when he sees me open his cage. My ambanja doesn't seem to like being watched as he hunts. And my Nosy Be readily accepts worms from my hand.
They all seem to differ in how much they eat too. The Sambava is a huge eater for his size. He'll eat 6 superworms on "Superworm Sunday",the day I give them the supers. The others will eat 3 to 4.
I fed off my dubia colony to my map turtles and am glad I did. My chams totally ignored them, despite skipping a regular feeding so they'd be hungry and try them.
Besides, I never could get used to the dubias' YUCK factor...

Mine all have different eatting habits too. My Veiled is a big eater, but doesn't like to be watched. My male Nosy Faly is a hog. He eats as soon as I feed him and he don't care who is watching. My female Nosy Faly eats like a bird. She eats everyday, but she only eats half of what I give her in her cup. She was only eating 5 out of 10. So now I give her more in there and she eats more. I think she gets worried about her figure.

Back
Top Bottom