Eating flowers?

Peeps101

Established Member
I bought a pink hibiscus flower for my Silly two days ago and just now while I was sitting on my bed I see something move from the corner of my eye, I look over, and the bud of a flower is GONE:eek: Silly was on a branch right next to it and I see him chewing it and swallow. He totally took a huge chomp out of one of the flowers that didn’t bloom yet! I know hibiscus are safe for chams but is this okay ? (I already fed him some insects today too)
image.jpg

lol yes they will eat the flowers and the leaves... This is why it is important to stick to the approved plant list for veileds. They love their plants lol. Beman's pothos has little triangles and diamond cutouts in the leaves from him munching on them. He did it a ton when he was a baby but not as much as he has gotten older.

lol yes they will eat the flowers and the leaves... This is why it is important to stick to the approved plant list for veileds. They love their plants lol. Beman's pothos has little triangles and diamond cutouts in the leaves from him munching on them. He did it a ton when he was a baby but not as much as he has gotten older.
chameleons love eating hibiscus lol, perfectly normal.
Okay thanks lol, he always does the weirdest things when I’m not looking!

I pluck my hibiscus flowers and throw them into my feeder bins. I have heard temperate hibiscus have some form of toxicity in their leaves. Not sure how problematic this is though.

Back
Top Bottom