Eating BARK!

suncei

Hey

here is a picture of the curly piece of dark Dry Root which my chameleon is chewing on....?! :confused: This is a piece of dry uprooted, well, root twig which i found in the desert...... cooked in the oven for 30 minutes and put in the cage..... he seems to like chewing on it... when he doenst have crickets to chew on.....

should i bee worried or is this a healthy habit

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 218
Hey there,

I am definitely no expert on this subject, but just here recently I had an issue with one of my Ambilobe females eating moss off of her vines. I asked members about it, and they suggested I take the vines out. If they are eating things of this nature, the risk of impaction is high. If I were you, I would remove the branch.

I wasnt sure if something like this would be a natural thing the chameleon does to clean his mouth .... but if you think it is problematic I thnk its best to remove it

deF.... I just got the chameleon this week! so I began his schedule.... calcium no D3 daily on crickets.... and i just gave him yest his first full day feeding of calcium with D3.... next week on friday he will get multivitamin.... and rotating everyother week..... the calcium d3 and multivitiman....

besides that he is eating the occasional waxworm... and i will begin feeding him mealworms this week

the wax worms are eating oatmeal honey bran mix

and crickets are eating all natural catfood/spinich/carrot/apple/orange/sweetpotato
and they eat this daily... and friuts and veges get replaced bi daily

deF.... I just got the chameleon this week! so I began his schedule.... calcium no D3 daily on crickets.... and i just gave him yest his first full day feeding of calcium with D3.... next week on friday he will get multivitamin.... and rotating everyother week..... the calcium d3 and multivitiman....

besides that he is eating the occasional waxworm... and i will begin feeding him mealworms this week

the wax worms are eating oatmeal honey bran mix

and crickets are eating all natural catfood/spinich/carrot/apple/orange/sweetpotato
and they eat this daily... and friuts and veges get replaced bi daily

Hi there,

Waxworms are high in fat, and low in nutrients...I would try butter worms instead. You may very well have to order them online, but trust me, they are worth it. Also, I'm not real sure, but I would nix the cat food, and go with a commercial dry gutload if you are going to use one. Or maybe Oatmeal?

Someone with a little more experience with that will chime in Im sure :)

I would also still do away with the bark

cool thx!
im going to look into the butterworms! and I thnk that Im just going to watch him closely if he seems to continue with the bark thing im going to remove it

thanks again
christian

Back
Top Bottom