Easy way of feeding locusts

special k

Hi, I have just adopted a Vieled Cham as he wasn't being cared for properly but I have no experience of looking after them so this website has been very helpful.

I am going away for a week however, and my mum is looking after him. However, she isn't good with insects! Does anyone know of an easy way to feed locusts to a cham. I have brought them a big cricket/locust container which I was going to get her to open the lid and let him pick them out but they seem to be able to climb the perspex walls and therefore get out! I do not want the locusts to be loose in the cage as I heard they can eat his tail? Does anyone know of another way where she doesn't have to touch them?

I have also got him meal worms etc which he enjoys just picking out of the tub but he doe like his locusts!

Any suggestions will be greatly received!

Kelly

Maybe you could get small plastic boxes and put proper amount of the food in it and tell your mom to put it in the enclosure (each day one of the boxes) and run away :)

It has always been my understanding that locusts are herbivores and therefore will only eat the live plants in an enclosure. If we aren't around for a day or so, we just put the locusts loose in his enclosure. They nibble the plants for a bit, but to be honest they don't last very long! It's crickets you have to watch watch with your cham.

Back
Top Bottom