How much to feed my Veiled Chameleon

DaniSimon

Pistachio is about 7months old now and the shop we got him from told us to feed him 4 locusts per day. But then I realised that he's really thin compared to other 6month old Chams and then I checked Google and it said to feed them 10-12 locusts per day. Which one is it?

And this is what he looks like
20230121_111513.jpg

hi there. When they are young until about 11-12 months they should eat as much as they want. We don't limit food intake because this is when they have to grow.

hi there. When they are young until about 11-12 months they should eat as much as they want. We don't limit food intake because this is when they have to grow.
Okay thank you so much for the help I've just went to buy about 20 locusts and a few morio worms I guess I'll feed him as much as he can eat

Okay thank you so much for the help I've just went to buy about 20 locusts and a few morio worms I guess I'll feed him as much as he can eat
Consider doing a husbandry review. What I do not like that I am seeing is how his face is sunk in. Sometimes this can mean there is more going on.

Thanks so much for the help I just fed him about 4 locusts by hand, 2 morio worms and I left 2 more crickets free range in his Vivarium. Do you think this is a healthy diet?
It is a good variation :) If you get a feeder run you can just put the food in there and then he can eat when he wants to.

It is a good variation :) If you get a feeder run you can just put the food in there and then he can eat when he wants to.
Thanks again I'll consider it. I think I'll also just put in free range locusts for him for abit of exercise once in a while.

I used a protein powder container and screen because I had them both on hand. If you follow the tips in the video as principles you’ve probably got most of the stuff you’d need already.

Back
Top Bottom