easiest way to catch chameleons

DChalo and Chameleonneeds, both of your arguments are very flawed. Chameleons do not have feelings, at least not in the way we do. They do not get sad because they miss their friends and family. What does matter, however, is preserving ecosystems. The issue here is not whether the chameleon will be happy, but whether the person who is catching these chameleons in the wild is damaging the ecosystem. In light of this, I post the question: Are flap-necked chameleons invasive to South Africa? If yes, then catching them and getting them out of the wild is very much a good deed. But if they are a native species, then catching them in the wild can only result in a damaged ecosystem. Shell out a Benjamin, for Pete's sake, it's worth it to keep these pets in check.

How was Chameleonneeds' arguement flawed? All they said was "How do you think we have captive bred chameleons today, in places where they are thousands of miles away from their natural habitat?"- What is so flawed about that? There really isn't anything in that response to say it is a flawed arguement. While that aspect of the post was incorrect, I do agree with your post.

But Chameleonneeds did address that Flapnecks are native to many African countries. I also do not think that for the original poster to take one or two from his area and acclimate it to captivity will do damage to the environment.

@OP(Shane)- Like said above, the best way is to go at night, with a flashlight. Their skin should reflect the light fairly well where you can see them with no problem if you are looking.

LPR08

First off, a common species like a flapneck can probably be sustainably harvested, especially if it's only for personal pets.

For finding them, my suggestion would be yes, look at night with a flashlight - but walk slow and go over good looking habitat (hedges/etc.) several times at different angles. The angles are what counts with finding chams.

Back
Top Bottom