Dying i think

Onnie.g

My vailed chameleon is around a year old she has been having a severe eye issue for the past 3 months her vet told me that she had never seen this issue in a chameleon before but had seen it in other animals she said my cham was sadly blind....she prescribed her moloxican and I've been syrenge feeding and watering her Through this whole Battle I woke up this morning and my camillion was hanging in a spot that she is never at I think she may have fell and caught herself but she's acting very weird she's just laying in the Palm of my hand no movement and I don't know how to tell if she's dying or has internal bleeding or what's going on with her I don't see any bones sticking out anywhere and I tried to syrenge feed and water her this morning she still not moving around and it's been about an hour and a 1/2 I live in a state that has one reptile vet and that reptile vet is only at work 1 day a week I've called all the way up to Massachusetts and no 1 has a vet to help me with this issue if anyone knows any thing to help please let me know

Attachments

• 16680093569641017362290416819982.jpg
    16680093569641017362290416819982.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 92
Based on the picture her body is shutting down and dying. It may not be connected to the eye issue. This could have contributed but these animals are very fragile if their enclosure and lighting is not spot on they go into a failure to thrive state where they are susceptible to health issues. I am sorry for your loss.

Based on the picture her body is shutting down and dying. It may not be connected to the eye issue. This could have contributed but these animals are very fragile if their enclosure and lighting is not spot on they go into a failure to thrive state where they are susceptible to health issues. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much...this has been a long battland I've done everything I can to help her...is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable

I would lay her on a dry towel. She probably is not all that aware right now. :( Sometimes they pass quickly and sometimes it can take hours for them to take their final breath.

Back
Top Bottom