Duncan the Docile

carbyville

I wanted to come by to introduce my new boy, Duncan. He’s 4 months old and much more skittish than my old girl Claudia ever was.

I just wanted to quickly ask if anyone had any tips or tricks to get him to hand feed? I like to give the occasional horn worm as a snack and really only ever hand fed them to my last Cham. That may not be possible with Duncan and that’s ok. I was just curious as to if anyone has any methods for hand feeding worms to a Cham. Claudia always did it from day one so I never had to figure it out!

Apologies for the thread changing. Any tips would be great.

Last edited:
It's almost like you are trolling. You had plenty of help on your last cam that passed, you are not a new member. You know full well the post you posted was all wrong that is the real reason you deleted. I hope this new all the health

I wanted to come by to introduce my new boy, Duncan. He’s 4 months old and much more skittish than my old girl Claudia ever was.

I just wanted to quickly ask if anyone had any tips or tricks to get him to hand feed? I like to give the occasional horn worm as a snack and really only ever hand fed them to my last Cham. That may not be possible with Duncan and that’s ok. I was just curious as to if anyone has any methods for hand feeding worms to a Cham. Claudia always did it from day one so I never had to figure it out!

Apologies for the thread changing. Any tips would be great.
Hi there. Thank you for re posting. I will give you the link to my blog on trust building. Key here is slow and consistent. This worked really well with my boy.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

Here’s my questionnaire...

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, 4 months, male. He arrived last Friday, so, in my care for six days.

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never. I set him free into his enclosure and he’s been there since.

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets gutloaded with apples and oranges released into the cage every morning around 9am.

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I dust them with Rep-Cal calcium each feeding and once a week (When I have him that long lol) dust them with Repto-Cal with D3 for the feeding.

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I’ve seen him drinking, yes. I have a misting system set to mist the cage once per hour for 60 seconds.

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Brown, firm fecal matter. He hasn’t yet been tested.

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? He is in a 24x24x48 screen enclosure.

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? He has a heat bulb and uvb bulb on for 12 hours, off for 12 hours. Set on a tile to turn off at 8pm and on at 8am.

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Top temps range 90-95F at the basking spot, humidity around 70% after misting and drops to about 60% lower parts of the cage are about 75F. I have a digital thermometer/Hydrometer

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have a ficus on the way from lllreptile that I am going to put in with him. Right now he has fake foliage until the plant arrives.

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? The cage is in a room that only I use and is not high traffic. Set on a cabinet several feet off the ground.

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located? Northeast Ohio.

No problems at all. Just was looking for tips on hand feeding worms for a snack.

Back
Top Bottom