Dull Colors?!

cheeseburglar01

Idk y but for a few weeks now Shmoos colors been looking pretty dull. Anyone know y?? please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 138
Could be close to a shed... it's normal I've had same concerns in the past. Just give some time. My blue chameleon looked very light green/blue for 2 weeks I grew concerned but he good now

This issue comes up a lot, and I always tell people not to be concerned unless it goes on for quite a while and/or there are other signs of stress or illness. Remember that bright colors are a way that chams communicate stress, dominance, and breeding availability. Dull colors can be due to a range of reasons and it's impossible to know which is the cause without knowing a lot about the husbandry of your setup, the diet, lighting, supplementation, temperatures, age, stress factors in their setup area, underlying health issues that may not even be showing other symptoms, and many more possible factors. It could even be that you just have a happy, relaxed cham. Like I say, it's really hard to say.

It's good that you care. And by all means, keep observing for issues or problems. Just don't worry to the point that you try treating without really knowing what the issue is...or isn't. In most cases that can cause more problems than it fixes.

Just my mostly unsolicited $.02!

This issue comes up a lot, and I always tell people not to be concerned unless it goes on for quite a while and/or there are other signs of stress or illness. Remember that bright colors are a way that chams communicate stress, dominance, and breeding availability. Dull colors can be due to a range of reasons and it's impossible to know which is the cause without knowing a lot about the husbandry of your setup, the diet, lighting, supplementation, temperatures, age, stress factors in their setup area, underlying health issues that may not even be showing other symptoms, and many more possible factors. It could even be that you just have a happy, relaxed cham. Like I say, it's really hard to say.

It's good that you care. And by all means, keep observing for issues or problems. Just don't worry to the point that you try treating without really knowing what the issue is...or isn't. In most cases that can cause more problems than it fixes.

Just my mostly unsolicited $.02!

ty so much, that info really helped. he currently eats 5-6 times a week, 10-15 crickets dusted w calcium powder. he has a 100w bulb and a UV light. take him out to hang about 2-3 times a week. lately his colors have been coming back, i think he’s changing a few of his neutral colors but he now has a lump between his arms. i read a bit and ppl have been saying it could just be fluid or calcium build up, what do you think?

Honestly, I think that is way too much food for an adult panther. I would cut him back to half that number, every 2-3 days, depending on the size crickets you are giving, of course.

With regards to the calcium powder, is that calcium without D3 or with?

Honestly, I think that is way too much food for an adult panther. I would cut him back to half that number, every 2-3 days, depending on the size crickets you are giving, of course.

With regards to the calcium powder, is that calcium without D3 or with?

o my! ok definitely i’ll switch to that. they are medium crickets, but i’ll start every 2 days now.
it’s repashy superfoods calcium plus, it says it has D3 in it

Back
Top Bottom