Dubias?

Inky

Established Member
Who sells dubias by the bulk cheapest? going to start my colony , its going to be a mission to hide it in my closet tho, no one can know i have them or ill be crucifed!
thanks !

Buying a breeder group will be expensive no matter who you go through. Depending on what life stage you want to buy, a lot of females are sold for 2 dollars each and males around 1 dollar. I keepy prices lower than usual I think. But I don't have the ability to give a larger breeding group

I have no idea how this option measures up compared to a proper breeder... but I got my "breeders" on Amazon. Prime. Around $30 for 10 females and 10 males.

I get mine from dubiaroaches(.)com I've always had great success from this site. The prices are reasonable there might be better rangers out there but this is the place I trust. I also think they are a site sponsor.

I have no idea how this option measures up compared to a proper breeder... but I got my "breeders" on Amazon. Prime. Around $30 for 10 females and 10 males.
That is a pretty normal price and normal prices are expensive. Plus that is a horrible ratio

I sell my roaches at a exaggerated ratio usually. But I raise mine at a ratio of 4 females to 1 male. So I sell them around there too. You do not need as nearly many males as females and in fact too many males is severely detrimental to the colony. I do a small starter colony of 25/10 female/male ratio and sell them for 30 with a gaurantee of like 10% extra. But of course I gotta get my roaches producing even more to offer the regular amount I want to people.

I got my starter colony from someone on craigslist.. There were about 3 people in my area selling dubias.. i got..
12 females - $6
5 males - $1
50 mix sizes - $8
250 1/4in-1/2in babies - $15 (for feeding)
so a total of 30$ for a starter colony and some feeders to get me going. :)

I did end up buying 500 more small/med for 30$ from her 3 months later because I ran out of feeders and my colony just started having babies. and now both my chams are eating the dubias..(along w crickets, wax worms and super worms) my baby male would refuse them at first, but now since i feed the roaches strawberries along with carrots and dubia diet and cricket crack.. he eats them haha

Raising dubia into adults from large nymphs doesn't take long at all. You will have a good sized colony going if you order bulk in nymphs.

I got 20 female and 10 males for 30 on eBay. In one month they were already producing.

I got 20 female and 10 males for 30 on eBay. In one month they were already producing.

Well if the people know what they are doing for breeding colonies they will send you some already pregnant females and females who are ready to be impregnated.

mine took about 3 months to start having babies.. but now there's babies everywhereeee!:LOL: I have a bin for feeders and one for breeding.. im going to have to start a 3rd bin for growing the babies out til they are big enough for feeding... They tend to hang out in groups when they are babies so its easy to shake em off into a new bin...

I'd suggest starting with some adults, but also get a LOT of large or extra large nymphs and some assorted sizes as well. It took my colony a full 6-8 months to produce enough for me to feed off of and I still think it needs to be larger a year later. I started with just a few adults and some small nymphs. I think if you get many large / extra large, that will help. I buy from dubiaroaches.com

Back
Top Bottom