grasshoppers

yungzerk

Avid Member
My grasshoppers just arrived, and oh boy does todo loves these! I will be planning on ordering bulk of them and starting a colony soon🫠
IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3175.jpeg

i’ve heard it’s difficult so i’m hoping i can be successful! but i was able to get this video of him munching on his new favorite treats 😍

I'm trying to start a colony. I have a ton of Lineata eggs but they have a 6 month hatch rate. I also have Nitens but no eggs. They are slow at mating but have a 4 week hatch rate. IMO the hardest part is waiting for the eggs to hatch.

I'm trying to start a colony. I have a ton of Lineata eggs but they have a 6 month hatch rate. I also have Nitens but no eggs. They are slow at mating but have a 4 week hatch rate. IMO the hardest part is waiting for the eggs to hatch.
that’s nuts! i’ve never heard of a 6 month hatch rate, i’ve only ever really breeded roaches and that’s been going great so far so i’m just hoping this will be somewhat easy 😅

also i’m not sure what exact species it is, but i believe i have some sort of zebra grasshopper but ill try to figure it out and get back to you

that’s nuts! i’ve never heard of a 6 month hatch rate, i’ve only ever really breeded roaches and that’s been going great so far so i’m just hoping this will be somewhat easy 😅
It looks like you have Americana hoppers. They are prolific breeders. Grow a few out to adults and watch the magic. The good news is that grasshoppers live a long time.

Back
Top Bottom