Dubia roaches..??

MissMeela

Established Member
I just ordered a small batch of dubia roaches. Wanted to try them out with my veiled to see if he likes them cuz I think he's getting burned out on crickets. Should I place them in a feeder cup and offer them to him? I don't really want to touch them.. And how many 1/2" roaches should I feed him and how often? He is about 9 months old.. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just ordered a small batch of dubia roaches. Wanted to try them out with my veiled to see if he likes them cuz I think he's getting burned out on crickets. Should I place them in a feeder cup and offer them to him? I don't really want to touch them.. And how many 1/2" roaches should I feed him and how often? He is about 9 months old.. Any ideas? Thanks!

I wish I could help you with this one but roaches give me the heebies and I can't get past it Lol!!

Meela,

If your veiled is used to eating out of the feeder cup, put a few in and see how he does when you're home for the day. When my veiled was eating regularly, I'd put in a wiggly treat (worm) with the dubia to keep them moving a bit. Let me know how he does.

Hi Meela, it seems like a cup is best for roaches. Otherwise, you could free range them, but you may want to keep an eye on them and see if your guy takes it right away, otherwise they will scurry and hide out. After I get the roaches in a shaker for dusting, I just use a chopstick and shake until the roaches grabs onto the stick. You could hold the roach out right in front of your cham, or put the stick near the screen so it climbs off and onto the screen.

Update on the dubia roaches..

My Zeus LOVES them!! Normally I feed him his crickets on free roam, his lettuce and superworm in a feeder cup. So in between the lettuce and worm days, I shook a couple of Dubia roaches in his cup. So far so good and I have yet to touch them!! :)

Thanks to CameLionLover and MSMorgan!!

Cups work good for roaches,I feed most mine in the cup but I'll also put some near him either a branch or screen pending what's closer so he gets a little free range hunting on top the fruit flies

Back
Top Bottom