Dubia Roach Diet?

Canny Chams

Hey, I got some dubias afew monthes ago and have been feeding them only bug burger, which is really a strain on the wallet, anyone know good fresh foods, or whatever to feed them that works on a regular basis, i thought i heard something about dubias being more sensitive with food than crickets

Damn, how many do you have? I'm still on one 16oz pack of BugBurger. My colony don't seem to like it as much.

i feed mine crap ( cereal, old friut and veggies whatever ) then the day before i plan to feed some off i pick them out and put them in a delicup with good stuff BB & DF.
has saved me alot of cash and headaches

hmmm, i got the temps for them at 95, so now im getting a shit load of nymphs, and they eat it up, im planning on eventually feeding them instead of crickets to my adults, but i want to feed them good stuff, at least veggies and stuff, instead of cereal and stuff

i would totally gutload with dinofuel, but the cost of getting it to canada with shipping is too hefty, im not feeding them off very much right now anyway, since im trying to establish a fairly large colony

I keep my dubias in 2 seperate tubs, breeders and feed offs, the breeder tub gets fed high protein dog food and fruits/veggies, I find it makes them grow fast and they love it, however its not very good for your chams to get the large ammount of protein in the dog food so in my seperate tub I am using a mix of dinofuel, bug burger and fruits/veggies having the seperate tub to feed the gutload to saves me when it comes to costs on feeding and yet regaurdless of what is being fed its good for the roaches

i would totally gutload with dinofuel, but the cost of getting it to canada with shipping is too hefty, im not feeding them off very much right now anyway, since im trying to establish a fairly large colony

Hey Canny Chams, shipping DinoFuel to Canada is free. Unless, you are buying it in large quantities at wholesale prices. :) Also, Avana Chameleons in Canada supplies DinoFuel and their store should be opening in the next week or so.

I would avoid dog/cat/fish food because of the protein (which can take MONTHS to completely leave their system.) Fresh veggies like collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, dark leafy lettuces, squash, yams, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, etc are good. Fresh fruits like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, papaya, etc. are also good. It's also good to add dry stuff like spirulina, ground beans, bee pollen, calendula, chlorella, wheat germ, brewers yeast, nutritional yeast, ground nuts, etc.

there is not sufficent evidence to say it stays in their system for monthes, some people say days, some weeks, some monthes, really its just better safe than sorry

Back
Top Bottom