Dubia growth rate

Mjdwicinski

I'm looking to start a colony of roaches. I wanna start off with some breeding pairs and some smaller nymphs. They sell them by size ( 1/4,3/8,1/2 etc.). So how long does it take for the average roach take to grow. I know it's going to take some time to get a colony started so I wanna have some I can start introducing to my chameleon.

From new born to new born takes about 6 months. I would highly suggest anyone who wants to start a colony to just do 50 male and 50 female adults for like 50 bucks or something.

Babies will be at 3/4" cricket weight in less than 2 months and have double the protein of a cricket.

Each female will fire out 20-40 babies a month, if you want less output then either separate the males or feed most of them off. Also remember that males only have double the lifetime of a cricket, and females MAY last a year. I started my colony with 500 mediums and 50 pair of adults, six month ago. Ive kept them below temp (64-78f) and im getting a steady stream of adult males and the 500 mediums are starting to replace the elderly breeders.

Back
Top Bottom