dubai roaches

moody232002

[/Bi have been reading about dubai roaches and feeding them to chameleons.As mine will only eat locusts which i am happy for him to do i thought i'd try these only thing i am a little concerned about is the digestion of the shell?
has anyone encountered any problems in this area?

They can digest shells pretty well. I've never had a problem. I go out of my way to provide them some chitinous insects, as most commerical insects available in th eUS are very soft bodied compared to their natural prey: Beetles, grasshoppers/locusts, cicadas

They can digest shells pretty well. I've never had a problem. I go out of my way to provide them some chitinous insects, as most commerical insects available in th eUS are very soft bodied compared to their natural prey: Beetles, grasshoppers/locusts, cicadas

thanks Eric i think i'll place my order :D

I fed dubias quite for awhile and had no problems, until i found out that they were illegal to keep here in Florida. By the way they are called blaptica dubia. When you said dubai I thought it must have been some new species from Dubai (middle east) or something before I realized what you were talking about.:D

I fed dubias quite for awhile and had no problems, until i found out that they were illegal to keep here in Florida. By the way they are called blaptica dubia. When you said dubai I thought it must have been some new species from Dubai (middle east) or something before I realized what you were talking about.:D
i thought that was were they were from too lmao originaly

The Dubai roaches lure in foreign chameleons and force them to work for slave wages building skyscrapers after stealing their passports. I wouldn't use them :D

*JOKE*

Last edited:
My 1 year old has no problem eating or digesting the Dubias. If you are worried, you can feed your cham the ones that just shed, they are white and soft, though they are few and far between. But maybe just try one white to see first, i dunno... hahaha. how is your cham (s)?

i just fed my 3 month old guys some baby dubias and they love them. lol they were racing each other for them. their shells are actually super soft when they are small and i was kinda surprised when i grabbed them lol.

Oddly mine has no interest. He'll even poke out his tongue ready to shoot then pull it back in, then poke it out, then pull it back in. I think he's confused. He will eat them, but as for now he prefers the worst feeder ever: crickets.

Oddly mine has no interest. He'll even poke out his tongue ready to shoot then pull it back in, then poke it out, then pull it back in. I think he's confused. He will eat them, but as for now he prefers the worst feeder ever: crickets.
yeah they definatly know their likes and dislikes!

Back
Top Bottom