dubai roaches amount

Don't think about the ratio too much. Purchase a starting colony and feed them until you have a nice successful colony. Afterward, you can feed off the adult males to your cham. Generally, you want more females and a handful of males.

Afterward, you can feed off the adult males to your cham.

I have a 6 month old chameleon, he can't come close to being able to eat the fully grown dubia. I was just wondering, when they're adults, can they eat the full size ones? They're huge!

I got my colony last Sunday, I have 15 breeder pairs and 200 mixed size, and I'm buying the size which my chameleon eats by the hundred so that I don't take away from the original numbers. I just don't know how long I'll have to wait until the colony is self-sustaining. How do you know when a colony is "successful"?

The man I got my colony started from said you want a 3 or 4 female to 1 male ratio. I think I have a 3:1 ratio. I would not feed your young cham adult dubia.

Mine is a bit older and probably larger than your 6 month old guy, and I still only feed smaller ones off... I've seen videos and heard of the cham having a roach in its mouth for an expended period of time (30 minutes and up) and that doesn't sound right to me.

Better to feed off more smaller ones so your cham can actually get it down I would think.

I have a 6 month old chameleon, he can't come close to being able to eat the fully grown dubia. I was just wondering, when they're adults, can they eat the full size ones? They're huge!

I got my colony last Sunday, I have 15 breeder pairs and 200 mixed size, and I'm buying the size which my chameleon eats by the hundred so that I don't take away from the original numbers. I just don't know how long I'll have to wait until the colony is self-sustaining. How do you know when a colony is "successful"?

By no means am I recommending that you feed adult dubias to your 6 month old cham. A starter colony is just that, a colony with a few female and male dubias. I believe a dubias life span is about 1-2 years old. You will have to wait a few months to establish a successful colony. By that time, your cham will be old enough to eat adult dubias. Just keep an eye on the growth of your colony. I started out with approx 100 mix sized dubias with a handful of adult male and females. I now have several hundred dubias in a 2-3 month time span.

Back
Top Bottom