Dry skin stuck after shed.

Pdelago

There are small traces of dried skin stuck after a shed and I do lots of misting but it doesn't seem to get it all off.

Would it be a bad idea to get a soft toothbrush to scrub his side a bit?

Never scrub. Get a small sprayer and try to keep the patches wet, they should loosen up. I agree with Matt, there is most likely a flaw in your husbandry some where. If you want take a pic of your set up and fill out the “how to ask for help form.”

I spray Zilla Shed spray on my cham when hes shedding and it usually all comes off later in the day

This happened to my chams after a big stressful move. I definitely think messing with them so much had an impact on the shed. I agree with the others it could be a husbandry concern.

Shot of his enclosure.

Attachments

• 15075878992011742227302.jpg
    15075878992011742227302.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 99
How long has the shed been stuck? I wait two weeks or more to see if it will come off on its own. The only time I will intervene is if it is somewhere that the dried skin could cut off the circulation. Then and only then will I give a long shower and then take a wet Q tip and gently swab off the shed. Scars tend to have problems shedding.
If this happens repeatedly then a review of your husbandry essential. Good gut loading can prevent shedding problems.

Almost a month... I thought it would come off with the next shed but it is still there... he is a picky eater and binge eats one type of bug for weeks then goes on strike and it's a guessing game as to what he wants after that.

I've never used the shed sprays but I've heard good reports from others. I'd try that before anything that might pull.

The only thing I changed a couple months ago was the Zoo Med Blue Daylight bulb to just a heating coil because it kept burning out every month or so. I still have the UVB bulb. Would that matter?

Back
Top Bottom