Dripper not working

UnicornTart

I have a bottle with a hole in the bottom on top of my enclosure to drop down. it sits on my top screen. its not going through my screen i noticed.
when i pick it up it starts working. so i am guessing the screen is stopping it from going through. ideas?

I have a bottle with a hole in the bottom on top of my enclosure to drop down. it sits on my top screen. its not going through my screen i noticed.
when i pick it up it starts working. so i am guessing the screen is stopping it from going through. ideas?
What type of cage are you using? Certain screen makes it harder for it to go through. With those ones if you raise it up a tiny bit it will sometimes go through. Or it will puddle on the top.

What type of cage are you using? Certain screen makes it harder for it to go through. With those ones if you raise it up a tiny bit it will sometimes go through. Or it will puddle on the top.
DragonStrand 23x30x48 (No longer made model, dont see it on their site now.) Picked it up second hand

When you say lift it. lift the dripping container off the screen?

Yeah so this is the thing. I have DS cages they are fantastic. But water does not like to drip through the screen instead it pools. Sooooo best bet... Poke a tiny hole into the screen where it sits. Just to make it so it has a way to go through. I used a push pin and just slide it through then gently moved it around in circles so that it created a larger hole without tearing the screen. You may need to do this in a few of the spots below your container within like an inch area.

Raising it with a dragon strand will not help.

Your dripper is a victim of surface tension and capillary action! :eek:

One solution is leaving the container/reservoir mounted outside the enclosure and feeding the tube through the screen so it can drip on the plants therein.

Are there any existing holes in/near the top screen that you can feed a tube through?

Your dripper is a victim of surface tension and capillary action! :eek:

One solution is leaving the container/reservoir mounted outside the enclosure and feeding the tube through the screen so it can drip on the plants therein.

Are there any existing holes in/near the top screen that you can feed a tube through?
There is the hold at the top that the cage was designed with for a mister. i have a mister in one side will consider feeding it thorough the other

Back
Top Bottom