DRIPPER ideas?? anyone

mattgr0ss

i have not been able to see my veiled drink anything yet i no he has cause he doesn't look dehydrated.
i just want to make sure he is getting enough i currently have fake plants only for a week or two more till i move then i will get one or two real ones.
i have heard real is better than fake cause the water runs off fake ones right away.
but back to the point anyone no how to make a dripper or somthing so i no he has the chance to drink all day if he wants to while i am at work or something an dont have a chance to mist him?:confused:

Do a search on the forums, there was a few recent posts some folks made their own custom drippers.

Or get a "little dripper"/"big dripper" from just about any petstore for like 10 bucks

what i did is get a milk jug and drop some fish air line in it, you may have to make a weight so the line will go all the way to the bottom. i just zip tied the line to a butter knife, and then you can have that sitting on thop of the cage or suspended from above then have enough line to hang to where you want the drips to hit, and take a fish air valve then create a siphon effect that you can control the speed of the drip. it works great , i do still mist of course. but i just lave this dripper so that it can just go on all day and night. a gallon will last about a week if you have your valve set right.

very similar to the above post, but i just had a hard time getting the milk jug to seal around the air line so i just made a siphon and you dont have to worry about any leaks or the glue holding

hope this helps

jas.

yeah i think i am going to have to do the same if i have enough money i am going to be broke if i pay all my bill with this next check

i seriously reccomend people take 15 minutes to make a dripper, once you do it you'll be so happy when your cham figures it out and benefits from it...from introducing it to older chams, I would probably deduce it be best to start with a young'n

I havent seen my baby drink either. I mist him 2 or 3 times a day and Im installing dripper this weekend

Young chameleons, especially veileds, pull a lot of moisture from the insects they eat.
Most of the time I only see my babies drink after a heavy misting.

Young animals require misting
but I always move them up to drinking from shot glasses
They're never dehydrated after I make the switch.

I just found that drip systems were too much of a pain ymmv

yeah i picked one up yesterday put it in an he ran over to it and started drinkin it is a BIG help highly recomend them

Have you tried rodent water feeders?? i have one for my veiled cham and ive seen here drink from it a few times. dont use a dripper. just mist her twice a day. and shes been fine so far

yeah she has been fine but i already bought the dripper an unless there is like a health reason or somthing not good for him about the dripper i will use it he seems to like it:eek:

are you supose to mist them??? because I read you not and they don't like that but who knows.. and I tried it on mine, he doesn't like it that i know of

Back
Top Bottom