Drinking out of water cups???

kalawatt21

Ok so recently I suggested on another site that Chams should not be drinking water from a glass at the bottom of their cages and gave a few reasons why that is. I got completly grilled by almost everyone on there and got chased out of town more or less. Am I totally off base here? Would providing a shallow water source near the canopy be a good idea? I have so many questions now. :confused

Multiple chameleon owners use caps as bowls with a dripper system set up to hydrate their chameleons, myself included. Every morning my chameleon will wake up and immediately head to his cap for his morning drink, its part of his routine now. I use velcro to keep the cap in place and remove it everyday to clean it to make sure no bacteria grows on it. The problem was originally that my guy would not take to his mister and take the opportunity to drink when it came on. Once I added the bowl technique suggested by Psychobunny my chameleon took to it instantly.

UUUGH! What took me so long to understand this?!!! If I notice him drinking from the cap with the dropper can I reduce misting? I must 3 times a day for one minute right now.

I would continue misting for at least 3 times a day. You still need to keep the humidity at a high level for your chameleon.

Multiple chameleon owners use caps as bowls with a dripper system set up to hydrate their chameleons, myself included. Every morning my chameleon will wake up and immediately head to his cap for his morning drink, its part of his routine now. I use velcro to keep the cap in place and remove it everyday to clean it to make sure no bacteria grows on it. The problem was originally that my guy would not take to his mister and take the opportunity to drink when it came on. Once I added the bowl technique suggested by Psychobunny my chameleon took to it instantly.

A cap, like a screw on cap for bottles? I'm curious as to what this setup would look like. I'm having similar problems getting my guy to drink while i mist, and want to make sure he's hydrating.

I use my dropper to drip into a cap I have on a slight angle right above a branch and leaf.... The cap over flows slightly slower than dripping directly onto the leaf..... Keeps it wetter and easier for my guy to drink......

Back
Top Bottom