drainage pan from LLL

satch4684

just wondering if this is worth getting, I posted a pic to show how I drain right now, when i moved the cage onto this stand i realized it was a great way to catch the water.

as you can see the plasic drawer fits nicely, hanging out enough so the water has a place to drip into. unfortunately, its not quite wide enough to catch the drops that sometimes form around the edges of the cage, or on the marble slab that it stands on top of. the big gulp cup is helping for that right now.

so I wanted to buy the drainage pan, but doesn't it attach directly underneath the cage? meaning you'd have to lift the entire cage up to drain it all the time? i dont know, it seems annoying but I also hate it when I don't notice a stray bit of water leaking onto the carpet before a little spot appears on the carpet, get tired of cleaning that up.

Attachments

• IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 139
cool, thats a great topic. and I guess even just drilling a hole in the pan and leaving it at that would be better than random, uncontrolled dripping from the cage alone.

Yeah, but attaching pvc piping to the drilled hole is very simple and cheap. I have both my two large enclosures drainage holes attached with pvc and drip out of one opening.

Cement Mixer

Has anyone tried the type of heavy plastic tray used for mixing concrete and mortar? These come in a variety of sizes and are cheap at home-improvement stores. Plumbing them is simple, or you can keep them whole. I have two that fit perfectly under my cages and catch every drip.

Has anyone tried the type of heavy plastic tray used for mixing concrete and mortar? These come in a variety of sizes and are cheap at home-improvement stores. Plumbing them is simple, or you can keep them whole. I have two that fit perfectly under my cages and catch every drip.

Interesting, do you have some pics? I'm not familiar with what your talking about but if it's cheaper I'm all for it.

Back
Top Bottom