Dragonstand Large Clearside Atrium looking for stand

That’s what I did. I bought a $20 cabinet. Sanded it down and painted it black, next I distressed it, new knobs and that was it. I didn’t feel bad about the hole I had to drill for the Mistking.
Best of all, size is perfect and actually looks really good in a shabby chic kinda way.

Last edited:
Just got our new large clearside atrium put together and all set up this weekend. Here's a picture in case anyone wants to see how that work bench turned out. Still need to do some organizing but I think it turned out pretty nice :)
20191006_214204.jpg

looks great... Wow can you tell the size with you big boy in there! What is the planter inside yours? I do not recall him having anything like this last year when I was looking at the larges.

Just a heads up because I did mine and this happened. With the clearside and the ledges. You have to zip tie branches vertically to the ledges so that they do not sag. The sagging will make the clearside no longer smooth. I would do one horizontally on the back panel as well. My back panel is permanently buckled because I did not follow his guide when I first did mine. :(

looks great... Wow can you tell the size with you big boy in there! What is the planter inside yours? I do not recall him having anything like this last year when I was looking at the larges.

Just a heads up because I did mine and this happened. With the clearside and the ledges. You have to zip tie branches vertically to the ledges so that they do not sag. The sagging will make the clearside no longer smooth. I would do one horizontally on the back panel as well. My back panel is permanently buckled because I did not follow his guide when I first did mine. :(

That looks like hte substrate tray. I ordered one with mine, but the shipping was so expensive it doubled the price of the tray. I love Bill / Dragonstrand, but I think for the tray you could make your own for less.

I'm currently using a miniature pallet rack / wire stand for my screened DS - Large Atrium that I got from home depot.

That looks like hte substrate tray. I ordered one with mine, but the shipping was so expensive it doubled the price of the tray. I love Bill / Dragonstrand, but I think for the tray you could make your own for less.
Ohhh ok. Yeah I did not remember seeing that one last year.

@Beman it's their substrate tray like snitz said and I also have their drip easy pan under that to prevent any unwanted leaking. Definitely not the cheapest setup out there but the large DIY cage I was using started to leak pretty bad and needed to be replaced ASAP and Thor is getting too big for a normal XL Reptibreeze now.

Can you elaborate on your concern for the dragon ledges sagging? I took another look at the instructions and didn't see any mention of zip tying vertical branches. I do already have a couple branches zip tied horizontally along the back though...

@Randers88 that was my original plan too but this is set up in a quiet corner of our living room and my wife shot that down in favor of something that matched our furniture better lol.

@Beman it's their substrate tray like snitz said and I also have their drip easy pan under that to prevent any unwanted leaking. Definitely not the cheapest setup out there but the large DIY cage I was using started to leak pretty bad and needed to be replaced ASAP and Thor is getting too big for a normal XL Reptibreeze now.

Can you elaborate on your concern for the dragon ledges sagging? I took another look at the instructions and didn't see any mention of zip tying vertical branches. I do already have a couple branches zip tied horizontally along the back though...

@Randers88 that was my original plan too but this is set up in a quiet corner of our living room and my wife shot that down in favor of something that matched our furniture better lol.
Easiest way away that problem is a nice curtain around the sides to be honest, conceals everything in your storage underneath as well.

If you have too much weight on the ledges without having vertical braces it will make the ledges bend down and like flex in. So to counter the torque you hook vertical branches to keep them from flexing. Like he has in this link. https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

Back
Top Bottom