Dragonstand Large Clearside Atrium looking for stand

NYCMOS11B

Anyone with one of these know of where to get a reasonably priced stand? I thought about building one but my time is kind of limited. Or had backup plan of metal shelf from amazon but my wife doesn’t like commercial look. Anyone with experience or ideas that won’t cost me a fortune would be appreciated.

We built our own stand for probably around $150 or so , maybe more... haven't really calculated it. It looks like a piece of furniture. I posted about it on my blog www.madagascarmama.com (haven't been there in a while to update it but it shows hte stand and process). I'm guessing you're in NYC?

Yeah, NYC. Didn’t see picture of stand but blog looks like it has some interesting articles. Large clear side atriums are supposed to become available in October and the only thing I need is a stand so I’ve been looking around.

Yeah, NYC. Didn’t see picture of stand but blog looks like it has some interesting articles. Large clear side atriums are supposed to become available in October and the only thing I need is a stand so I’ve been looking around.
Did you already place your order?

I bought a desk on Amazon and use that. It's nice and has a couple of shelves to use for storage. Sorry I don't have the link but it's black, the shelves are on the left, and I think it was in the $150 range. For my other 2 I went to World Market a few years ago. They had a promotion where you could "build" your own desk with different tops and bases. I bought 2 bases from there, but they don't have any shelves which I would recommend.

The how-to is a few posts down on the blog - Click here - stand construction

B1F06803-7AEA-40DA-8052-E8B4D1900D2C.jpeg C6A8C33F-BF53-45E4-A225-0A9CC33B512E.jpeg

We still need to put a final trim piece on the top, around the edge of the cage... but waiting until we finish it (cant decide between staining or painting)

Omg... I was looking for month for my dragonestrand medium tall clear. That wasn’t easy. I finally found some homemade cabinet For $20 on Facebook that was strangely the perfect size. I sanded it, painted it and bought new hardware. I don’t think it cost me more than $50. I was lucky tho.

Keep looking... you’ll find the perfect piece by October

Not exactly cheap but I plan to pick up one of these from Home Depot for my Large Clearside Atrium that's finally shipping out later this week. Normally I'd just build something but I've had next to zero free time lately and my wife liked this a lot better than the garage shelf I was originally planning lol.
brown-grey-duramax-building-products-mobile-workbenches-68001-64_1000.jpg

It's 24" deep by 72" long so it should fit the large atrium with the drip easy tray perfectly and still have just shy of 2' left over that I was going to use to for dusting feeders and whatnot. The shelf underneath should be tall enough to store my feeder bins and I really like that it's on wheels so we can move it around for cleaning :)

It's 24" deep by 72" long so it should fit the large atrium with the drip easy tray perfectly and still have just shy of 2' left over that I was going to use to for dusting feeders and whatnot. The shelf underneath should be tall enough to store my feeder bins and I really like that it's on wheels so we can move it around for cleaning :)
Wow 24 deep is perfect. Why didn’t I find this? Lol

Back
Top Bottom