Dragon ledges with reptibreeze

I just got in my Dragon ledges and I have a reptibreeze XL cage so I was wondering when attaching them do you drill the holes in the side of the cage like not the screen the frame For the nails to go in?

Nope... They come with self tapping screws... But your going to have an easier time installing them if your cage is not put together. You have to push for the screw to tap the metal frame.
pascalthechameleon2, you can get around this by drilling a small (1/16") pilot hole where each screw will go. This should not interfere with self-tapping. Alternatively, you could buy some regular sheet metal screws of the same size as those provided, and drill slightly (gauge-appropriate) larger pilot holes.

pascalthechameleon2, you can get around this by drilling a small (1/16") pilot hole where each screw will go. This should not interfere with self-tapping. Alternatively, you could buy some regular sheet metal screws of the same size as those provided, and drill slightly (gauge-appropriate) larger pilot holes.
I have done this too made a pilot hole to make it much easier and to avoid possibly slipping the screwdriver 🪛 Into the screen mesh.

Just do not drill your hole too large... If you do the screw is not going to be secure and will pull back out on you.

About a third of the pre-drilled pilot holes on my DS enclosure were stripped right from DS, so I had to put it together with next size larger screws. A few more were dimpled badly, indicating either a dull bit or too much pressure. Also came with a hole in the left screen door.

About a third of the pre-drilled pilot holes on my DS enclosure were stripped right from DS, so I had to put it together with next size larger screws. A few more were dimpled badly, indicating either a dull bit or too much pressure. Also came with a hole in the left screen door.
Dang that’s a bummer you pay too dollar for the cage and have to deal with these types of issues. Got me concerned now I have 12 of DS new nursery cages still in the box 📦 from a few weeks ago. Hope I don’t run into this if so I will be touching base with Bill.

Please reach out to me at [email protected]. This is not normal and I take care of shipping damage.

Back
Top Bottom