dracaena mass cane plant for free range

Andie

Avid Member
Hey, all you free-rangers!

After an unexpected acquisition from the reptile show, yesterday (;)), I needed to fast-forward my free range for my Panther baby.

I picked up a Dracaena mass cane plant and he chose that as his main hangout, even though he also has a Shefflera & another plant (whose name escapes me) to climb on.

I"m concerned because the mass cane has really big, flat, slippery leaves that are very flexible. The thought crossed my mind as I was buying it, but I figured he could work his way around it.

Will you more experienced free rangers please give your opinion on this plant? I know for a fact it is NOT poisonous for chams, but not sure it's the wisest choice.

I'll post pics of my free range when I get some time.
Thanks!

Hey, all you free-rangers!

After an unexpected acquisition from the reptile show, yesterday (;)), I needed to fast-forward my free range for my Panther baby.

I picked up a Dracaena mass cane plant and he chose that as his main hangout, even though he also has a Shefflera & another plant (whose name escapes me) to climb on.

I"m concerned because the mass cane has really big, flat, slippery leaves that are very flexible. The thought crossed my mind as I was buying it, but I figured he could work his way around it.

Will you more experienced free rangers please give your opinion on this plant? I know for a fact it is NOT poisonous for chams, but not sure it's the wisest choice.

I'll post pics of my free range when I get some time.
Thanks!

The plant itself has amazing foliage. But I do understand your dilemma with this plant.

My suggestion. Take branches or flexible vines and weave them in and out of the Dracaena using the wooded part of the plant as an anchor. Most Dracaena come potted with 3 main protrusions....I'm guessing that's what you got?? Regardless, you could come up with some creative "walkways" in and around the plant, utilizing the foliage more for cover. Just IMO!!!

Back
Top Bottom