Don’t know what’s wrong with her can any anyone help me out

I see comments about egg laying but there is also severe MBD going on here that needs to be fixed
Egg laying is the priority because this cham will die without getting those eggs out... There are not noticeable bends in the arms. She may very well have MBD but this needs to be dealt with by a vet and if she gets through laying these eggs.

Egg laying is the priority because this cham will die without getting those eggs out... There are not noticeable bends in the arms. She may very well have MBD but this needs to be dealt with by a vet and if she gets through laying these eggs.
She may just be too weak to stand but it looks like mbd to me, I do understand that the eggs are the priority but she has to go to the vet anyway so might as well have them address that issue while shes there.

Ok I am done.... OP I wish you the best of luck... Please do not focus on the possibility of MBD right now. This will not kill her this week but being eggbound will.

Find a reptile/exotic vet. Not a cat/dog vet. Tell them this is an emergency to get her in ASAP because it is.

Ok I am done.... OP I wish you the best of luck... Please do not focus on the possibility of MBD right now. This will not kill her this week but being eggbound will.

Find a reptile/exotic vet. Not a cat/dog vet. Tell them this is an emergency to get her in ASAP because it is.
Do u think by the way she looks she will make it for today in the morning I have a appointment right in the morning

Ye correct is night time her to down at California to
Can I ask, how old are you it’s important so we know how to help you more? (Are you a child or an adult is all you really have to say) And I’m not exactly sure I’ve never dealt with MBD or know much about it so I can’t really say.

Do u think by the way she looks she will make it for today in the morning I have a appointment right in the morning
Good job for making an appointment for the morning! She will likely make it through the night, but she needs a vet who is experienced in chameleons. Did you book an exotic vet?
Tonight you should make a list of concerns you have so you do not go in there and lose your train of thought.
Top things would be:
Xray(to see eggs and bone density),
Eggs(possible surgery if needed), and then
MBD and calcium injections/liquid calcium (if needed)

Then you need to get your husbandry dialed in perfectly. She needs the proper lighting, supplements, temperature/humidity, and proper amount of quality gutloaded insects.

Also, it is not a waste to put the laybin inside her enclosure. She should always have access to it, even when you dont think she has eggs. She may use it now, but if she cant, and gets the proper treatment, then she will need it again in roughly 140 days.

@Mrlopez006
Is she digging in the bin??????

Please read this again from a previous post I made....and dig a hole for her. Make sure the sand is moist enough to hold a tunnel. Also if she does start digging don't let her see you watching her. If she can't lay them then she has to be spayed BEFORE HER HELATH DECLINES TOO MUCH....and they can go down hill very quickly.

In the condition she's in, I don't think she will be able to lay the eggs or even dig the hole to lay them in...so when you set up the egg laying bin RIGHT NOW, dig a hole for her make sure the sand is moist enough to hold a tunnel.
If she does lay the eggs...after she is done and has tried to fill in the hole, dig them up and count them so we know if she's laying too many and needs to be slowed down.

If she gets through the egglaying we then need to talk about the MBD and how to help her not have egglaying issues in the future so she can live a long healthy life.

Last edited:
I need help knowing some thing I guess I won’t be able to treat her at the vet I don’t got enough money for the full treatment and I was wondering wats the best at this moment

I need help knowing some thing I guess I won’t be able to treat her at the vet I don’t got enough money for the full treatment and I was wondering wats the best at this moment
what do you mean? What was the full treatment? Did they take xrays? What are they telling you.

Literally there is nothing we can do to help with her being egg bound. This will kill her without a reptile vet stepping in and trying to save her.

what do you mean? What was the full treatment? Did they take xrays? What are they telling you.

Literally there is nothing we can do to help with her being egg bound. This will kill her without a reptile vet stepping in and trying to save her.
I was told she need’s an Exray and possible surgery but some of us are to poor to do all that

I was told she need’s an Exray and possible surgery but some of us are to poor to do all that
Then if that is what they are saying then that is where she is at and what she needs hun. Without it she will die. If she is not able to move around at all she will not be able to lay her eggs.

Is she moving around is she able to grip or climb?

I’ve mentioned this in lots of other threads but you can sign up for care credit. It’s for vet costs since money is the issue but like others have mentioned she NEEDS the vet ☹️. Since you are only 15, ask your parents if they can sign up for it, it’s critical that your cham get any and all treatment or else she will die a painful death. I’m sorry sweetie I know this is all hard and having lots of people tell you everything you’re doing wrong may be stressful but, we are only looking out for your cham. We all love chameleons and over the past few days I have heard over 3 chams pass and I’m sure there is more so we just don’t want your cham to suffer the same fate. 💗 (Click the username to view the thread)
Theres a credit card called "care credit". They do not charge finance charges for 1 year! U might look into applying. It isn't a regular cc so u can use it for veterinarian and medical services only.

Look into that care credit

Back
Top Bottom