Don’t know what’s wrong with her can any anyone help me out

Mrlopez006

she’s barely walking and when she does she can’t walk straight it’s really hard for her and check her out she’s a weird color today am really worried about her does anyone know was this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 82
Chameleons produce and lay eggs regardless of whether they’ve ever even seen a male. You need to prepare a lay bin immediately. Give her absolute privacy once she enters it and starts digging.
However, I don’t like the curve of her legs and wonder if she has perhaps mbd. I think in this case, the best thing to do is get her in to see a vet ASAP. If she is eggbound, it is very serious and needs a speedy response.
3255C8D4-7392-468C-9EE6-353B6B4F35B1.jpeg

I found my girls preferred larger bins of at least 12” wide/long but only fill to about 6” deep.
What is concerning is that she is getting weak and may not have the strength to lay normally. It is a great deal of work for them to dig their tunnel and lay the eggs. The sooner you get her to a vet, the better.

Chameleons produce and lay eggs regardless of whether they’ve ever even seen a male. You need to prepare a lay bin immediately. Give her absolute privacy once she enters it and starts digging.
However, I don’t like the curve of her legs and wonder if she has perhaps mbd. I think in this case, the best thing to do is get her in to see a vet ASAP. If she is eggbound, it is very serious and needs a speedy response.
View attachment 290545
Second the MBD, just wasn’t sure enough to post. @Mrlopez006 you need an experienced chameleon vet ASAP for both

If I may ask if I take her to the vet do they help her lay her eggs or do they tell me to do it it’s my first time with a chameleon

If I may ask if I take her to the vet do they help her lay her eggs or do they tell me to do it it’s my first time with a chameleon
They will do an X-ray to check if she has eggs and if she’s egg bound etc... Depending on if she is there is a whole surgical matter that goes into it. If she’s not yet egg bound you will be able to take her home with whatever the vet gives or tells you and she will lay in her bin hopefully!

They should definitely take a X-ray to see what all is inside and how both her bones and the eggs look. They may take some blood to check her calcium levels, possibly give her a shot of calcium and possibly a shot of a medication called oxytocin to help induce laying.

I have a another question if it’s not much to ask but when filling the lay bin what’s best to fill it with sand or wat or which kind

Play sand is best. You can get it at any home improvement store. Brand will depend on where you are. I’ve used Quik-Crete which has been ok. You want to moisten it so that it can hold a deep tunnel without collapsing. Organic soil can also be used in a pinch. Avoid reptile or calci sand, coco coir, bark and other substrates.

Back
Top Bottom