doesnt like silkies...

renzo0684

Avid Member
So I bought some silk worms for Jasper as a change in food for him and well he is not at all interested. I didnt put any crix out and put silkies in his cup for him today and he did not eat a one. When I removed the worms and added crix he ran up and ate three right away.... Well I guess I will raise me some silk worms and see how far I can get with them :p

because if I stick my hand in the cage he darts away and hides from me so he would not see it and I would not be able to know if he eats it or not if I left it...

How old is he again? Starve him for a day or two, unless he is very young (2-3 months) Then maybe for only one day. He'll eat them if he gets hungry enough.

My veiled will try to eat anything, but my other chams tend to ignore the silkworms unless they are moving, and they tend not to in a feeder container. I use bio-vine in my cages and find the silkworms stick to this perfectly. Although interestingly enough, one silk must have crawled off or fallen, and ended up cocooning in the cham. enclosure, eventually hatching and providing a nice albeit small feeder moth.

Back
Top Bottom