Does taking a chameleon out more often build trust?

Barson

I’ve been taking Marvin out 2-3 times a week for about 30 minutes each. I wanted to know if this breaks trust or makes them trust you more.

I agree with the responses so far, you have to see how he reacts to see if you are stressing him . Some chameleons come out willingly and others not so much. When you take yours out, does he walk onto your hand when you put it in his cage, or you you need to semi force it?

With mine, he will rarely walk on to me when I put my hand in, I need to kind of put my hand under him and wait for him to grab on and then I lift him out. While he doesn't appear stressed or get colorful, I still try to limit the number of times I take him out. If I am taking him out for natural sunlight then I think it's ok, but if I want to take him out just to hold him, I limit these to as little as possible.

Regarding the trust, I think it will help over time knowing that each time he is taken out he is not in danger. It took my chameleon 5 months to come out of his cage, this was with almost daily hand feedings and putting my hand in his cage daily to get him to understand that I wasn't going to hurt him. So I think for trust building you dont need to take him out, just get him comfortable with your hand by hand feeding or by having you hand near him in his cage.

I agree with the responses so far, you have to see how he reacts to see if you are stressing him . Some chameleons come out willingly and others not so much. When you take yours out, does he walk onto your hand when you put it in his cage, or you you need to semi force it?

With mine, he will rarely walk on to me when I put my hand in, I need to kind of put my hand under him and wait for him to grab on and then I lift him out. While he doesn't appear stressed or get colorful, I still try to limit the number of times I take him out. If I am taking him out for natural sunlight then I think it's ok, but if I want to take him out just to hold him, I limit these to as little as possible.

Regarding the trust, I think it will help over time knowing that each time he is taken out he is not in danger. It took my chameleon 5 months to come out of his cage, this was with almost daily hand feedings and putting my hand in his cage daily to get him to understand that I wasn't going to hurt him. So I think for trust building you dont need to take him out, just get him comfortable with your hand by hand feeding or by having you hand near him in his cage.
I’ve been doing the worm bait but most of the time when he’s halfway on my arm he just keeps walkin

hey, I found this male Jackson in my yard. He needs help. I joined this forum to get advice. so far I have been trying to hydrate him
with a misty shower area.

Back
Top Bottom