does ne1 live n covington, ky with a male veiled chameleon

I live in Evansville, IN with a male veiled chameleon! Not sure where Covington is... but it is nice to see someone on here nearer to me the LA or Long Island! :p

wow thats cool my boyfriend knows where that is but not sure how far. i have a female veiled chameleon she just laid eggs the other day and shes never been mated. i was trying to see if someone had a male that they would like to breed. i havent thought it thru or anything i just want little babies then rehome some or what ever give the father half the babies after they hatch. but in order for me to even attempt this matter of breeding i need to do my research on them breeding.

Gotcha. I'm a college kid and still new(er) to this area, so I need to research my geography a little better! :) I have a young male, and he loooooves the ladies... lol

wow thats cool my boyfriend knows where that is but not sure how far. i have a female veiled chameleon she just laid eggs the other day and shes never been mated. i was trying to see if someone had a male that they would like to breed. i havent thought it thru or anything i just want little babies then rehome some or what ever give the father half the babies after they hatch. but in order for me to even attempt this matter of breeding i need to do my research on them breeding.

yes you may want to rethink that one. You have to think about what you are going to do if you cannot get rid of the babies. It is VERY expensive from what I have read on here to feed large clutches. They require alot of care and ALOT of food! There was a thread done awhile back from someone who had babies and what it actually cost to raise them. Definitely do some research first so you don't get into something that is over your head.

well the thing is that half of the babies would become the other person with the male. ok 50/50. now i made my own cage out of wire mesh and pvc pipe nd my cham loves it. i got my branches off the tree we got out side. so to build another cage wont be expensive. now i can see if i had 40 babies to feed and stuff like like but in summer thats not a problem i have alot of places and ppl wanting them

Good plan. Before I bred my female, I called many local petstores, each wanting between 3-4 babies. Add that amount to friends/family who want them, and then if you have some left over, you can always sign up to be a vendor at a reptile show. My boyfriend and I decided that we could just make a date out of it if we decided to go to the reptile show... an odd date but from what I've experienced in Indy, there are hardly any veiled cham vendors!

And this is cruel for most people, but if you don't want to be overwhelmed with hatchlings you can always cut down the number of babies that hatch by popping X number of eggs. So instead of having to deal with 60 eggs divided by two, you may only want/afford to deal with 20-30. It's not what most people want to do but it's an option worth mentioning.

But if you're confident that you can take care of your half and place them into good homes then you may be in good shape. But make sure to do your research beforehand, there are a lot of details to know in successful breeding.

Since you're having issues with her tongue and her egglaying you may want to make sure you know what you're doing with the female before you get into breeding and putting even higher demands on her system.

well this wasnt something i was planning on doing in the next few months i was going to wait like a yr or so. her tongue is normal again by the way shes be flicking it at the dripper

Back
Top Bottom