does my chameleon look healthy?

I'm gonna be honest, I don't think your parents care if your chameleon dies or not. And the pet shop lady cares more about profit then the chameleon's well-being.

As mentioned by the others, you can give her away to people who can provide proper husbandry or you really need to get some money in order to buy the stuff you need.

I’m sure she’s here for advice, not to be judged like that.... I thought this Forum was friendly, but lots of Mean of people... Always the same too..... Instead of adding constructive criticism, just judge, That’s sad AF
we are not mean people, we simply want to help, @Beman worded it as amazingly as possible in saying that we all only want what is best for the cham and owners!! what you may perceive as mean is not really mean but constructive, we all have different ways of saying it. in this case the OP didn't seem to listen to the advice given to her months ago and had time to be able to change but didn't. we needed to be more upfront and blunt instead of sugarcoating and hoping. she is here for advice but will get the same advice given to her by us 3 months ago. this forum is super friendly, we just want to make sure our voices are heard!
to me its not sad, its the process of learning and growing to be better people, we all learn from eachother and we have a long way to go but we all help eachother out, that means calling eachother out when they are wrong and supporting eachother through successes! if you got to know a few of us I'm sure you would be surprised at the amount of wonderful people like @Beman @JoXie411 and @Daesie11 just to name a few, there are plenty more on here!

Keep your words sweet, we all have to eat them some day. Her question was, does my Chameleon look healthy... Yes or no question, maybe with some insight, not some rude comment made to a 14 year old. We have to be the better adults, not respond at all, Should of just said No. Im not speaking of all the members here, I think you cool Beman, but yeah, rudeness is not necessary from anybody. When I asked for help, It took me like a Month to fix all my husbandry issues, we ain't made of money, not everybody has a credit card just for their pet. Like I said Not everybody is a douche here.
Stay Positive people =)

Keep your words sweet, we all have to eat them some day. Her question was, does my Chameleon look healthy... Yes or no question, maybe with some insight, not some rude comment made to a 14 year old. We have to be the better adults, not respond at all, Should of just said No. Im not speaking of all the members here, I think you cool Beman, but yeah, rudeness is not necessary from anybody. When I asked for help, It took me like a Month to fix all my husbandry issues, we ain't made of money, not everybody has a credit card just for their pet. Like I said Not everybody is a douche here.
Stay Positive people =)
Yeah it took you a month. We are talking about 3 months with absolutely NO changes. I will stick to my original response... I do not feel that @Daesie11 in any way was rude.

Yes, the OP is 14... But we want her to grasp that these changes have to be made and that they are important so that the next post is not asking for help because the Cham fell and broke a leg due to MBD from improper lighting.

Stay Positive people =)
I would also like to point out that there have been other kids her age here who have not had these issues. Age is an excuse, not a permission.

I would also like to point out that there have been other kids her age here who have not had these issues. Age is an excuse, not a permission.
There are kids that go hungry, there are kids that do not. Your comment is ignorant. There are kids born with a silver spoon, they're kids that the minimalist things makes them excited. There are ADULTS that have bad husbandry issues.

Yeah it took you a month. We are talking about 3 months with absolutely NO changes. I will stick to my original response... I do not feel that @Daesie11 in any way was rude.

Yes, the OP is 14... But we want her to grasp that these changes have to be made and that they are important so that the next post is not asking for help because the Cham fell and broke a leg due to MBD from improper lighting.
I don't think she would ask fro help after how unwelcoming some of you are.

There are kids that go hungry, there are kids that do not. Your comment is ignorant. There are kids born with a silver spoon, they're kids that the minimalist things makes them excited. There are ADULTS that have bad husbandry issues.
I don't think she would ask fro help after how unwelcoming some of you are.

Well you know what? I think you are 100% right! You should definitely engage with her and teach her everything you have learned from the forum. After all you do know best. Because clearly we all know absolutely nothing and we are so unapproachable and cruel. Have a lovely weekend! :)

So are you saying only kids who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth can successfully take care of a living creature? And you're saying my comment is ignorant lol.

So are you saying only kids who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth can successfully take care of a living creature? And you're saying my comment is ignorant lol.
Im saying that not everyone is has the same chances some do... You're the rude one too... Bashin on a 14 year old... Be an Adult Woman

Well you know what? I think you are 100% right! You should definitely engage with her and teach her everything you have learned from the forum. After all you do know best. Because clearly we all know absolutely nothing and we are so unapproachable and cruel. Have a lovely weekend! :)
thing is bruh, you Put that coat on by yourself, never called you out. If the shoe fits ;)
You had your Veiled for 8 Months? Yuup You an expert...

Anyways........ @Isabella-D so you need to focus on lighting first... You will need a t5HO single fixture that runs the length of your cage top. You will want to get a 5.0 UVB T5 bulb for this. IT will be about 60 dollars for these. then your highest branch will be 7-8 inches below the top of the screen. You can cut branches from your yard... Let them dry out if they are not producing sap you are good to add them. Get a dwarf umbrella plant for the cage. Put 1 inch river rock on top of the soil so she does not eat it. And since you have a female you have to learn about lay bins now and get everything together for it. Or she will become egg bound and die. So this is very important. This is also why the lighting is so important. Because without the proper lighting with females they have a very difficult time with egg laying due to issues with MBD.

So these are the items you have to focus on now and get corrected. These are the most important ones at the moment. Once you have done this we can move on to any other areas of correction. Let us know if you have questions or if something does not make sense.

Here is the link to the lay bin info.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/

Im saying that not everyone is has the same chances some do... You're the rude one too... Bashin on a 14 year old... Be an Adult Woman
By questioning why in 3 months she hasnt made any improvements to her husbandry? Ok, guy.
I have a 15 year old brother and a 14 year old neice and let me tell you they arent the fragile little flowers that you're making this girl out to be. And to be completely honest, you treating her as such is pretty insulting to her. She has taken most of our criticism like a freaking champ and is being more of an adult than you are right now lol.
But you can go ahead and hold her fragile hand and tell her she is doing great, and when her cham is dying because of poor husbandry you can go ahead and deal with it then too.

I think everyone needs to just take a step back and chill out. Arguing is not going to solve anything or help anyone. The OP wanted advice on if her chameleon was healthy. The members on here are trying to help and it might seem like we’re being rude or might KNOW IT ALL but we only want what’s best for the chameleon nobody is an expert everyone has their own way of doing things.

With that said the op posted asking for advice 3 months ago and she was given the proper advice on what to change in her husbandry. This post shows that she did not listen to anybody’s help. So obviously your going to get responses that are wondering why this stuff hasn’t been changed. What everyone is trying to explain to you is you need these items and husbandry changes if you want your chameleon to BE HEALTHY like the OP is asking. These animals need proper lights,temperature,plants,branches,humidity to thrive and if these are not met the chameleon will suffer and die this is a fact.

thing is bruh, you Put that coat on by yourself, never called you out. If the shoe fits ;)
You had your Veiled for 8 Months? Yuup You an expert...

Maybe if you'd have been here longer than just a month, you'd know Beman contributes some outstanding advice daily and doesn't just chime in to whine and complain about how people suck!

Seriously, if you're just here to complain and not learn the most optimal ways to keep a healthy cham then you're just wasting everyone's time.

I'm 2 years younger than her and some of us have harder skin than others, but I agree with both sides on this little "rant" that's going on. No, it isn't necessary for people to be rude, but it's constructive criticism, and in some cases and it helps many people, like I said thicker skin. Yes, she was given advice a couple months ago and hasn't changed anything, but you don't know what her life is like. It's not her job to tell you about her every day life. Most of y'all are adults and you know that there are things in life that can be hard and can affect you and your kids. Try to be more open minded, that some people aren't as fortunate as you, and you don't know what their circumstance is. I know that all of you are very passionate about helping others with their husbandry and making sure that their Cham doesn't die, but I trust that she will make the right decision when the time comes. Please keep in the back of your mind that God is with you always and he is here to help, I ask that tonight or whenever, you just send a small prayer for her and her family, ( including the cham ) that thing work out for everyone. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone like all of you I just want to help. I hope this changes the way you act to people. You are all Loved

I'm 2 years younger than her and some of us have harder skin than others, but I agree with both sides on this little "rant" that's going on. No, it isn't necessary for people to be rude, but it's constructive criticism, and in some cases and it helps many people, like I said thicker skin. Yes, she was given advice a couple months ago and hasn't changed anything, but you don't know what her life is like. It's not her job to tell you about her every day life. Most of y'all are adults and you know that there are things in life that can be hard and can affect you and your kids. Try to be more open minded, that some people aren't as fortunate as you, and you don't know what their circumstance is. I know that all of you are very passionate about helping others with their husbandry and making sure that their Cham doesn't die, but I trust that she will make the right decision when the time comes. Please keep in the back of your mind that God is with you always and he is here to help, I ask that tonight or whenever, you just send a small prayer for her and her family, ( including the cham ) that thing work out for everyone. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone like all of you I just want to help. I hope this changes the way you act to people. You are all Loved
I greatly respect your opinion and love that at 12 you have voiced it. We can only do so much when someone continues to ask for help. As you are learning, you are the advocate for your cham. You are the keeper. Which means it is your job to ensure it gets everything it needs. I love your passion for God and I am not saying that prayers do not help in life. But when it comes to getting what this cham needs, me saying a prayer will not make it happen.

My daughter is 15. I have taught her to stand up for her beliefs and to speak with conviction. To understand that an animal is defenseless and unable to provide for itself. I can guarantee if she was in this position she would present me with all the facts as to what she needed for a pet. She would be its advocate and ensure that she could get the minimum requirements and then she would make it known why she needs more.

Having a female cham is much more involved. It is so important to have everything correct. We see some very sad situations here. We do not want her to have to go through the loss of her cham because she is not actively trying to make changes. I do hope you understand that this is where our passion comes from.

Anyways........ @Isabella-D so you need to focus on lighting first... You will need a t5HO single fixture that runs the length of your cage top. You will want to get a 5.0 UVB T5 bulb for this. IT will be about 60 dollars for these. then your highest branch will be 7-8 inches below the top of the screen. You can cut branches from your yard... Let them dry out if they are not producing sap you are good to add them. Get a dwarf umbrella plant for the cage. Put 1 inch river rock on top of the soil so she does not eat it. And since you have a female you have to learn about lay bins now and get everything together for it. Or she will become egg bound and die. So this is very important. This is also why the lighting is so important. Because without the proper lighting with females they have a very difficult time with egg laying due to issues with MBD.

So these are the items you have to focus on now and get corrected. These are the most important ones at the moment. Once you have done this we can move on to any other areas of correction. Let us know if you have questions or if something does not make sense.

Here is the link to the lay bin info.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/
sounds great, thanks again! i've worked on branches and plants already. after getting kinda upset with my parents and talking them into helping me more with husbandry they agreed to everything except the light and fogger. the only reason they wont get the light is still the lady that works in the store i mentioned. i have no idea what her problem is, honestly if she was so interested in selling me an animal i dont get why she wouldnt want to sell me something that is expensive too. the only problem i have with the umbrella play is that i dont have much room left in her cage, but i'll still try. i do have a question. would a LARGE bowl work for a lay bin? like large as in so big i'd have to move stuff out of her cage to make it fit. my family cooks for fun alot so i have some pretty big bowls that i think would work as a lay bin. btw i know i probably shouldnt have gotten upset with my parents, but the fact that they dont listen to me sometimes pisses me off. this is irrelevant but i've started asking if i can play certain explicit songs when i help clean our church, they say sure. just thought i'd mention that as an example of them not listening

By questioning why in 3 months she hasnt made any improvements to her husbandry? Ok, guy.
I have a 15 year old brother and a 14 year old neice and let me tell you they arent the fragile little flowers that you're making this girl out to be. And to be completely honest, you treating her as such is pretty insulting to her. She has taken most of our criticism like a freaking champ and is being more of an adult than you are right now lol.
But you can go ahead and hold her fragile hand and tell her she is doing great, and when her cham is dying because of poor husbandry you can go ahead and deal with it then too.
hey! thanks for your criticism, i actually appreciate it. i know i'm not doing stuff right for my cham but i am really trying on some things despite the fact that it might not look like i am here. i know i need to be spoken to more firmly sometimes, and you've done a great job helping me.

Back
Top Bottom